Sign in to follow this  
TweakFS

I humbly eat my words about flight1 piper meridian being a dog its not!!

I'm posting this in a new message rather then the original topic.Becaues I just want to let potential buyers know that I was wrong about the piper meridian from flight1. After trying the suggestions of pd400(I hope that is the name) and JeanLuc which involved disabling HT on my system. This plane is so smooth it is too smooth(if ever such a thing could be consider bad ;) ) Thank you guys for your help. I'm getting an average of 31 fps in the VC with no stutters whatsoever :D I am one happy camper, and I will be keeping this plane. I hope all those who tried this plane and did not get good performance would give it another shot; especially if the have a HT based system. Looks like me and the meridian are going to do a cross country tour ;) Flight1 did a good job on this one,its pleasantly suprising that performance after the HT tweak is like night and day. Amazing that a 16bit app could be causing such performance problems, but I'm glad I got them solved. Now on to some repaints for the meridian and my new 337 Skymaster.This is the link to the original "piper meridian being a dog??"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=276088

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Crow is a bitter meal, but a man's meal.I'm glad you got it to work! -JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!

Guest JeanLuc_

Glad you sorted this out!Like mentioned in the other thread, the Meridian has been released in 2003 with a v2.x GNS 530XP, and technology has evolved since! With the new Reality XP GNS 530XP v5.x, and the new GnsCore XP technology, the Trainer becomes HT aware and performs always well in most conditions! The 16bit trainer running in the background is no longer a problem, but an advantage in offering a true 100% simulation of the GNS!Hope this helps!

>Like mentioned in the other thread, the Meridian has been>released in 2003 with a v2.x GNS 530XP, and technology has>evolved since! >>With the new Reality XP GNS 530XP v5.x, and the new GnsCore XP>technology, the Trainer becomes HT aware and performs always>well in most conditions! The 16bit trainer running in the>background is no longer a problem, but an advantage in>offering a true 100% simulation of the GNS!Well, the unhappy truth is that when you buy the Meridian, you're still stuck with the old un-evolved technology. The version 5 Reality XP products are a definite improvement...but to make it clear, those improvements are not available to users of the Flight1 Meridian. I wish that would change.Every time the subject of an upgrade to the Meridian comes up, Jean Luc says it's a Flight1 issue, and Flight1 says it a Reality XP issue. They continue to point their fingers at each other and meanwhile, no progress.Hope this helps!!Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest JeanLuc_

Bob,I think is somewhat more complex than that! Flight1 is the publisher, and Reality XP is the developper. That requires more to it than just "let's do it" for many reasons.Nevertheless, an updated Meridian compatible with the new GNS v5.x (read: active route displayed on the Meggitt EFIS) could be a good option from a gauge standpoint.However, the Meridian has been released in 2003, and given the latest DreamFleet and Fligth1 standards in regard to 3D models and VC for example, my personal opinion is that an updated Meridian would be intereting only if both the gauges and the rest of the aircraft are overhauled. And that can't come for FREE given the labour involved.Maybe a new Meridian would make sense with a new FS version instead?In the meantime, you can add the standalone v2005 of the Reality XP GNS 530XP to the Meridian, and let's see what could come in terms of connecting the Meggitt to it in the future.Hope this helps!

Guest Boone

The Meridian remains my number ONE GA plane to fly. Sure, the model and vc are not quite as detailed as the latest and greatest add-ons, but there's something about this masterpiece that keeps bringing me back. I just love it!Best RegardsBoone,BooneKSEA@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

>I think is somewhat more complex than that! Flight1 is the>publisher, and Reality XP is the developper. That requires>more to it than just "let's do it" for many reasons.We're all ears. What reasons?On the A-36, Dreamfleet is the developer and Flight1 is the publisher, yet they seem to have no problem incorporating the updated versions of your gauges into their products. Seems to be the same now on their Baron. Why is it that Dreamfleet supports updating your cutting-edge gauges on their airplane add-ons, and you won't do the same on your only airplane add-on? Flight1 is the publisher in both cases. Why is it that Lou Betti can do it and you can't??>However, the Meridian has been released in 2003, and given the>latest DreamFleet and Fligth1 standards in regard to 3D models>and VC for example, my personal opinion is that an updated>Meridian would be intereting only if both the gauges and the>rest of the aircraft are overhauled. And that can't come for>FREE given the labour involved.You're telling us that there are only two options...update the panel and the model and everything else, or leave it as is. That's hard to accept.>Maybe a new Meridian would make sense with a new FS version>instead?I don't know that I want a new Meridian if it's going to be supported like the old one. I'm still waiting for a fix to the spinning standby altimeter that was promised years ago.>In the meantime, you can add the standalone v2005 of the>Reality XP GNS 530XP to the Meridian, and let's see what could>come in terms of connecting the Meggitt to it in the future.OK, I am clearly missing something here. What good does adding the nice v5.2 Reality XP Garmin do when it won't connect to the gauges in the plane?>Hope this helps!Sorry, but it really doesn't. I have a small fortune invested in your gaugeware, and the only place I can't use it is the one add-on plane you developed. That just does not make sense.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

:-roll Congratulations to F1, the Meridian is also still my favourite GA ACFT, ever.

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png