Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

Activate Steering / Tailhook Command

Hi,

since ever I have been unable to engage the steering using a key assignment. I tried to use the assignment via FSX, as well as via FSUIPC (Toggle Tailhook)- no success. I use FSX Pro, however without Acceleration.. could it be that the assignment only works with Acc installed?

Has anybody get it working?

Regards

Matthias

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Same here. As far as I can see it just doesn't work on my system. So I just slow down to about 20kts with the nose wheel on the center line and look down and try to stab the tiny button !! Maybe if we had a bigger button. :) Beautiful aircraft though.

Maybe you should open a seperate topic on this.. instead of using my thread to post your problems unrelated to the issue I posted?

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

W

Maybe you should open a seperate topic on this.. instead of using my thread to post your problems unrelated to the issue I posted?

You mean me? I was supporting your post.

Hi,

since ever I have been unable to engage the steering using a key assignment. I tried to use the assignment via FSX, as well as via FSUIPC (Toggle Tailhook)- no success. I use FSX Pro, however without Acceleration.. could it be that the assignment only works with Acc installed?

Has anybody get it working?

Regards

Matthias

Hi everyone,

Has anyone found a solution to this? I find it extremely difficult to keep the plane on the center line after touchdown until the little button is located. Thank you!

Bob

Bob,

I can give you a tiny Lua script (program) that will toggle the steering lock on and off via a key or button that you select, but it requires that you have a registered (payware) copy of Pete Dowson's FSUIPC to interpret the Lua script and make the key or button assignment.

BTW, the steering lock function should be on when you land, which should help keep you going straight because otherwise the steering is very sensitive. I turn the steering lock off once I slow down so I can taxi off the runway, etc.

Al

You mean off when landing I guess..

For me only the LUA solution finally worked.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Bob,

I can give you a tiny Lua script (program) that will toggle the steering lock on and off via a key or button that you select, but it requires that you have a registered (payware) copy of Pete Dowson's FSUIPC to interpret the Lua script and make the key or button assignment.

BTW, the steering lock function should be on when you land, which should help keep you going straight because otherwise the steering is very sensitive. I turn the steering lock off once I slow down so I can taxi off the runway, etc.

Al

Hi Al,

Thank you very much, I do have Pete's payware FSUIPC. 

Bob

BobP, on 10 Jun 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Hi Al,

Thank you very much, I do have Pete's payware FSUIPC.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I don't see a convenient way to upload a script here, so if you will PM me an email address I'll send you the little script I wrote, called L35SteerLock, as an attachment.

Save the script to your Modules folder (where FSUIPC4.ini is), start FSX and open FSUIPC. Then under the Key Press or Buttons+Switches tab, Lua L35SteerLock should be one of the options in the drop down lists. You need to be a little careful because it will also show up preceded by LuaClear, LuaValue, etc. You want the version preceded just by Lua. Assign the key or button that you want to use to toggle the L35 steering lock on and off and click OK to save FSUIPC. You may need to close and restart FSX for the assignment to take effect.

Al

Hi Bob,

I don't see a convenient way to upload a script here, so if you will PM me an email address I'll send you the little script I wrote, called L35SteerLock, as an attachment.
Save the script to your Modules folder (where FSUIPC4.ini is), start FSX and open FSUIPC. Then under the Key Press or Buttons+Switches tab, Lua L35SteerLock should be one of the options in the drop down lists. You need to be a little careful because it will also show up preceded by LuaClear, LuaValue, etc. You want the version preceded just by Lua. Assign the key or button that you want to use to toggle the L35 steering lock on and off and click OK to save FSUIPC. You may need to close and restart FSX for the assignment to take effect.
Al

PM sent and thank you!

Bob