Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

Autopilot on new 2.2.6

I like nearly everything on the new update.. but one thing bothers me, however I don't know if it's the same thing in the real Lear.

When you now turn off the AP, all modes are killed and cannot be activated until the AP is on.

This way you have to fly raw data all the way until AP engagement and all the way down from disengagement. Before the update you could use the FD for an ILS approach for example, as one would expect in an aircraft with an automation level like the Lear.

Also I now have troubles getting the AP modes engaged at all. Turning on the AP master switch is no problem, however I cannot engage any mode until.. something happens.. first I thought I had to recycle the Spoileron reset, as it worked thereafter. But on the next flight it didn't work, then it looked that I had to disarm the reversers after takeoff first.

But then on arrival I had to disconnect the AP shortly (and lost all guidance immediately, due to the FD disappearing..), and when I tried to re-engage the same happened. Mode light come on for a split second, then goes off.

Same happens on the bulb test, guess that's not the way it should be..

I really liked the AP as it was before and it worked perfectly for me. Now it's more distracting to engage, than it helps.. hopefully this will be fixed.

Besides this and the steering activation, still an amazing addon..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Yes, AP must be on before activating any of the flight control modes, that is how most if not all AP's work? With an ILS approach make sure NAV is selected and not GPS. Spoileron and reverse thrust should have nothing to do with the AP? Mode on the AP will only come on if you are close to your target direction or altitude. The AP is working great for me! But only doing my first flight, I'll see if anything changes.

Cheers

Martin

MatzeH84 is correct regarding the flight director.In the actual aircraft the flight director is available for use without the need to have the autopilot engaged.You should be able to preset FD director modes on the ground prior to takeoff, for example GA and HDG mode for takeoff pitch and lateral guidance.Most guys like to hand fly departures and arrivals that's the fun part of flying a Lear and it keeps the hand flown instrument skills proficient.In some cases we would couple an approach but for the most part you like to fly the procedure.

Gary Stewart

That's what I would have expected. Arming any mode should make the FD do its thing, additionally turning on the AP should make the plane fly itself.

But now I am unable to use any mode without the AP, plus, have problems to engage any mode with the AP. And HDG and VS should ALWAYS work..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I too downloaded and installed ver 2.2.6 after uninstalling 2.1. But my experience is not very good so far.

1. Attempting ALTSEL on climb or decent fails for me exactly the same way as ver 2.1. I set a target altitude and select ALTSEL, when the altitude is close a notification sounds (correctly) and the ALTHOLD light comes on but the plane continues to either climb or decend. I found if when the ALTSEL light changes to ALTHOLD I manually click off ALTHOLD and then back on again, the plane will then hold Altitude. But tgus is only a workaround.

2. I also found that it is no longer possible to store a Direct To waypoint on the GPS (GNS). All works well until pressing the Enter button to store the waypoint. Pressing the key has no affect.

3. Then I found that I could not get the Autopilot to follow a flight plan. Not sure of the exact details, just didn't work as nirmal

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

After uninstalling v1.9 and then installing v2.26 everything seems to work fine with the AP here. I dial in an altitude, then select ALT SEL climb at 3,000 ft min hit the AP, VS and ALT SEL and she climbs at 3,000 ft min until leveling off at FL35. I use the Flight1 GTN and it has no problem following a Flight Plan. Not sure what is going on with yours. Did you uninstall using their tool, then delete the folder that was left?

Cheers

Martin

Actually, I hit the AP first before selecting the various modes, wouldn't let me edit...sorry!

After uninstalling v1.9 and then installing v2.26 everything seems to work fine with the AP here. I dial in an altitude, then select ALT SEL climb at 3,000 ft min hit the AP, VS and ALT SEL and she climbs at 3,000 ft min until leveling off at FL35. I use the Flight1 GTN and it has no problem following a Flight Plan. Not sure what is going on with yours. Did you uninstall using their tool, then delete the folder that was left?

Cheers

Martin

I used Windows uninstall (which is an option given by FSW). I did leave the folder which had three Addon repaints which I edited back into the new "aircraft.cfg" file. I'm also using the Freeware weather radar and also made the necessary changes to "panel.cfg"

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Just installed the new 2.3, and the AP is flying great again. Thanks for the quick update! :)

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Simmarket is still a 2.0.0.29 version for download. You guys are talking about 2.3. How come?

Hans

v2.3 is the most recent release that is available, some retailers might not have it yet, or if they do just haven't posted. Might want to give Simmarket a call?

v2.3 is the most recent release that is available, some retailers might not have it yet, or if they do just haven't posted. Might want to give Simmarket a call?

Did that already, quite strange to skip three versions don't you think? Wish the developer would provide the updates.

Hans

This is the answer I received from simmarket:

Hello,

thank you for your purchase.

You will find the link to download the update/latest full version when you log into your user account --> Your Download --> click on respective file.

Note: the files offered are always the latest version made available to us..

file names may not reflect version numbers, but their contents are the latest version available.

if an update is not offered through our system then because it's vendor has not updated it here. please contact the vendor directly as we cannot help further.

Regards

Doesn't help a lot, the installer says 2.0.0.29 which can hardly be 2.3. This means that the retailer does not have the latest version and I wonder why. I will ask flysimware as well although I remember another post where they said that they can't influence the updates of their retailers. Just bad luck to have bought at simmarket I guess,, so one to avoid in the future. 

Hans

The version number is part of the name of the .exe file. so not sure if you can go by the installer version. I would download and unzip and see what is on the .exe file?

Hard to imagine they would be that far behind.

Cheers

Martin

The version number is part of the name of the .exe file. so not sure if you can go by the installer version. I would download and unzip and see what is on the .exe file?

Hard to imagine they would be that far behind.

Cheers

Martin

That's what I did, the exe is 2.0.0.29. Either I am missing something or they :) I'll see what the folks at flysimware gonna tell me. 

Hans