Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

First install fail

Morning everyone,

I downloaded the new version of MCE yesturday and I have just installed it. When I try and run it from the desktop icon all i get is the trial period has ended. I haven't even loaded it up to sim yet lol.

Could someone give me and idea of how best to correct this please :)

Regards Rob

Morning everyone,

I downloaded the new version of MCE yesturday and I have just installed it. When I try and run it from the desktop icon all i get is the trial period has ended. I haven't even loaded it up to sim yet lol.

Could someone give me and idea of how best to correct this please :)

Regards Rob

Morning Rob.

Sorry to hear your Demo didn't go smoothly.

Be aware, Demo hasn't been reset for at least 2 years, therefore if you had a go at earlier versions, you'd be locked out of this one too, until you wipe your hard drive clean.

Just in case installation didn't go smoothly

With package unzipped, run "InstallMCE" and install to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder and set "fsx.exe" and/or "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

Avast anti-virus is known to occasionally delete "mce.exe" from \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder. Tell it to trust it. It is a digitally signed file, not one of those "Unknown publisher" type of files.

Restore MCE to factory settings.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings

You'll have to go through the wizard (a separate app) which will ensure everything is set as expected.

Try again.

Hi FS++,

Thank you for your reply. No this is my first use of MCE and not tried any previous demo's of the software. I have just done as you have instructed above and run through the set up again, I am still getting the warning that my trial period is over. It all seems to install okay, except the PPT setup, I press the button on my yoke button two and it defaults beck to button 23 for some reason.

Anyway that's the least of the issues, as even if it is set correctly I can not load the software. Do you have any further options I can try to get this working?

Regards Rob

Hi FS++,

Thank you for your reply. No this is my first use of MCE and not tried any previous demo's of the software. I have just done as you have instructed above and run through the set up again, I am still getting the warning that my trial period is over. It all seems to install okay, except the PPT setup, I press the button on my yoke button two and it defaults beck to button 23 for some reason.

Anyway that's the least of the issues, as even if it is set correctly I can not load the software. Do you have any further options I can try to get this working?

Regards Rob

Some joysticks have a few buttons in the always ON state, as a result, the wizard window keeps showing the first such button it detects as pressed.

There is a workaround via the "mce.ini" config file to specify which button you want to use. Obviously no use without the Demo running

Suggest you contact support specifying which complex aircraft you fly as well as your operating system and flight simulators used.

Thanks

Thanks for the replay FS++

Sadly I have had to uninstal the demo as in some way it stopped FS2 Crew working, I was using that until I could figure out what was up with MCE. I will contact support and let them know the above listed information

Regards Rob

Hi,

While I'm waiting to sort out my install, could someone tell me what details I would need to alter in the MCE.ini to overcome the issue of the wizard only picking up the one button for the PTT.

I know FS++ said above there is a work around for this :)

Regards Rob

Hi,

While I'm waiting to sort out my install, could someone tell me what details I would need to alter in the MCE.ini to overcome the issue of the wizard only picking up the one button for the PTT.

I know FS++ said above there is a work around for this :)

Regards Rob

Here is the workaround.

You could eventually access the "mce.ini" config file from the user interface, but I am taking the short cut here.

Go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Mullti Crew Experience\ folder and open "mce.ini"

Look at the [GAMEPAD] section

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID= Leave_whatever_joystick_name_is_listed_here_as_it_is
JoyProdID= Leave_whatever_joystick_name_is_listed_here_as_it_is
JoyButton= Change this number to a value between 1 & 12 to reflect the button ID on your joystick

Save the file

After that MCE will ignore all other joystick buttons that may be in a "pressed state" except the designated one.