Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Loyal PMDG customers

I do not wish this post to be taken the wrong way, just as constructive thinking.

While I was was using FSX I purchased all their products including the 737NG, both 747's, both FS9 and FSX MD-11's, and the both 777's and NGX.

I reluctantly re purchased the NGX for P3D and really did want the B777's again but I noticed that the 777's are much higher in price than their FSX models when they are no different in the basics.

I do realize that PMDG are better for eye candy but functionality is the same in the Captain Sim version.

Captain Sim had a sale for their 777. I  paid £18.0. for the 200-300, so why would PMDG expect me to pay a massive £117.27p for theirs? They haven't even got an EFB.

Have they got so big that they have forgotten the people that put them there?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,

I am not a loyal PMDG customer. I found their pricing policy for customers switching from FSX to P3D not amusing and decided not to buy their products anymore. That means I cannot fly four of my favourite aircraft anymore, but I simply don't like being censored in their forum and being charged twice.

Having said that, I have to disagree that PMDG is just better eye candy. I don't like the company, but their products are superior in systems functionality and depth to every other payware plane except for the Majestic Dash 8. I always follow amplified checklists from cold and dark, and you then really can tell the difference between the PMDG and CS 777 models. PMDG has considerably more features and works flawlessly (except for VAS requirement), while even the recently released version 1.7 of the CS 777 has many little annoyances. However, I do not complain: taking the price into account, I consider the CS offer to be superior. I can handle the few hickups and fly the CS 777 regularly.

Peter

• Upvote 4

I do realize that PMDG are better for eye candy but functionality is the same in the Captain Sim version.

Really?  lol

• Upvote 2

The PMDG B777 has   f a r   more functionality than the CS B777, and the EFB in the CS B777 is a mere "chart viewer" - no more.

Please don't take this post the wrong way.   :P

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

• Upvote 1

Well, PMDG doesn't owe you anything, even if you own all their products.  I've bought thousands of dollars from my local grocery store, and I pay the same price as someone who never bought anything there.

You're free to vote with your wallet.  If you think the product is overpriced, you can walk away - but criticizing the company is uncalled for.

To me, it's fully worth the asking price.

• Upvote 1

sig01.png

First of all - is there anything like loyal customers in our flight sim world ?

What benefits loyalty brings ?

Second of all - comparing CS to PMDG and saying that PMDG is only slightly better visually ... - wow, that is a sentence !

Maybe u consider to edit ur post.. :-)

• Upvote 1

Artur 

Well, PMDG doesn't owe you anything, even if you own all their products.  I've bought thousands of dollars from my local grocery store, and I pay the same price as someone who never bought anything there.

You're free to vote with your wallet.  If you think the product is overpriced, you can walk away - but criticizing the company is uncalled for.

Well stated, sir. +++++1.

What's that saying..............'You takes your money you takes your choice'

I never asked for 'fan-boys' answers, I asked for  this post not to be taken the wrong way, just as constructive thinking.

.  If you think the product is overpriced, you can walk away - but criticizing the company is uncalled for.

The price is relevant to your income. Mine is of pension credit, so for me is unaffordable.

• Upvote 3

Dave Taylor gb.png

I think we are all being taken for a bit of ride on the FSX to P3D pricing policy.  I only say this because looking at the high end aircraft developers you get such a huge difference in pricing policy.  Majestic gives you a plane equal to PMDG (you could argue better due to shared cockpit) for the same price.  PMDG charges more for P3D than for FSX, and there are others inbetween such as A2A.  Personally I have just stuck with FSX-SE for my PMDG products and using the DX10 Fixer have been very happy.  As for comparison between PMDG and CaptainSim, there is really no comparison, the PMDG 777 is far superior in terms of its ability to simulate the real aircraft.

One more point I would like to make.  I think the developers should be compensated for their work to make FSX products P3D compatible, and perhaps there are some lisence costs as well but not need to charge for the entire product again if you have the FSX version(s).

• Upvote 4

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

, but their products are superior in systems functionality and depth to every other payware plane except for the Majestic Dash 8.

I would've agreed, but having been a big user of their products in fs9 then into FSX, I'd disagree. I've went back to fs9 - not by choice, FSX pc is no more so back to old fs9 pc until new build which now is some time down the track unfortunately.

Installed iFly 747, and I've said it many times, is sensational. It's FDE is first class and hits the numbers as accurately as I've seen. The systems as as good as anything I've seen in any sim. In fact,mint impressed me so much I purchased the iFly 737 package. Can't see any difference between Pmdg in flying. Cheaper. More models.

So the moral of the story. Don't complain. Just get something better. But fan boi's will be fan boi's...

Mark L.

• Upvote 1

I would expect this topic to get a lock...

However if i might chime in.  Most of the companies that are charging additional for FSX to P3D are American, given how litigious that country is perhaps they have legal considerations not shared by companies like Majestic or Aerosoft?

That having been said, people like Mark above are seriously deluding themselves if they think you can purchase better than PMDG.  With a nod to Majestic for the superb Q400, :smile:   

Ian R Tyldesley

I would expect this topic to get a lock...

That having been said, people like Mark above are seriously deluding themselves if they think you can purchase better than PMDG.  With a nod to Majestic for the superb Q400, :smile:

Ah....no. Not deluded. Unless you've chatted with real pilots yourself, Ian? Checked AOM's etc? Cross checked performance of FDE's?

I have. So I know.

Ah....no. Not deluded. Unless you've chatted with real pilots yourself, Ian? Checked AOM's etc? Cross checked performance of FDE's?

I have. So I know.

So those 'pilots' have told you that the captain sim 777 is better than the PMDG 777?  I find that very difficult to believe.

Ian R Tyldesley

So those 'pilots' have told you that the captain sim 777 is better than the PMDG 777?  I find that very difficult to believe.

Wasn't talking about captain sim or the 777. Just the comment that was made that Pmdg are the only ones to produce quality add-ons which a little incorrect.

Anyway, back to the OP's major current woe...

Mark L.

Wasn't talking about captain sim or the 777. Just the comment that was made that Pmdg are the only ones to produce quality add-ons which a little incorrect.

Anyway, back to the OP's major current woe...

Mark L.

Yes indeed other companies do provide quality add-ons, Majestic for one.  My point (in counter to yours) was that if i wanted a 737 or a 777 fully simulated then PMDG are generally regarded as top of the pile.  If you need that level of simulation is up to the individual simmer, for example; i have little doubt that the FSL A320 will be amazing, but there policy regarding P3D makes me think i will probably stick with the excellent Aerosoft Airbus A320.  It's what you can afford and what you are willing to spend.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley