Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Loyal PMDG customers

I bought the 737 and the add on pack about 3 months ago. Cost was around $120 total. I already have around 220 hours of use out of it, and it is the only aircraft I fly now. Pretty inexpensive, for the best 737 out there by far, and I know several real 737 drivers that think so to. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I bought the 737 and the add on pack about 3 months ago. Cost was around $120 total. I already have around 220 hours of use out of it, and it is the only aircraft I fly now. Pretty inexpensive, for the best 737 out there by far, and I know several real 737 drivers that think so to.

I've spent that and then spent only half that on the other companies version after trying the 747 and reading on the FSX forum also by a real pilot who said there isn't any difference other then the other versions has more options. Sold me and I can't see a lesser difference other then in improved VC look.

Mark L.

• Upvote 2

I have both the iFly and PMDG 737's, trust me the iFly (cockpit dimensions aside) is not even close to the quality and precision of the PMDG.

that's the iFly in my avatar but it is un-installed these days

I do not wish this post to be taken the wrong way, just as constructive thinking.

While I was was using FSX I purchased all their products including the 737NG, both 747's, both FS9 and FSX MD-11's, and the both 777's and NGX.

I reluctantly re purchased the NGX for P3D and really did want the B777's again but I noticed that the 777's are much higher in price than their FSX models when they are no different in the basics.

I do realize that PMDG are better for eye candy but functionality is the same in the Captain Sim version.

Captain Sim had a sale for their 777. I  paid £18.0. for the 200-300, so why would PMDG expect me to pay a massive £117.27p for theirs? They haven't even got an EFB.

Have they got so big that they have forgotten the people that put them there?

Sorry but Captain sim makes JUNK! Not even close to being in the same league as PMDG. Do I think PMDG is expensive?  Yea but it is what it is. Get over it or don't buy. Simple!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have both the iFly and PMDG 737's, trust me the iFly (cockpit dimensions aside) is not even close to the quality and precision of the PMDG.

that's the iFly in my avatar but it is un-installed these days

The cockpit dimensions make up for it to me after downloaded it. Flys by the numbers increasingly well. Still testing it as regarding the QRH, and it's near flawless. Not surprised after using the 747-400 which is extraordinaryly accurate.

The cockpit dimensions make up for it to me after downloaded it. Flys by the numbers increasingly well. Still testing it as regarding the QRH, and it's near flawless. Not surprised after using the 747-400 which is extraordinaryly accurate.

Compared to the PMDG, the iFly is a toy. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Compared to the PMDG, the iFly is a toy.

From my short experience with it, and what I just recently read here on avism by a real 737 pilot, that's so inaccurate it's bordering on slander. Sorry, but that one thing gets up my goat.

Mark.

• Upvote 1

From my short experience with it, and what I just recently read here on avism by a real 737 pilot, that's so inaccurate it's bordering on slander. Sorry, but that one thing gets up my goat.

Mark.

The VA I fly for has a few real 737 pilots, as well as a couple on the Facebook group that I belong to, and they all fly  the PMDG 737. None of them fly the iFly or have anything good to say about it. You claiming that the iFly is as good as the PMDG, is without merit in my opinion. 

The VA I fly for has a few real 737 pilots, as well as a couple on the Facebook group that I belong to, and they all fly  the PMDG 737. None of them fly the iFly or have anything good to say about it. You claiming that the iFly is as good as the PMDG, is without merit in my opinion.

Real,pilots or 'real' pilots? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. Mine isn't, rather a cross check of QRH manuals and comments of a pilot here at avism. I've found it hits the numbers in various phases of flight identical to the manual. You can check the thread, it isn't that far down fsx's pages?

Fan boi's will be fan boi's....

Mark L.

Real,pilots or 'real' pilots? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. Mine isn't, rather a cross check of QRH manuals and comments of a pilot here at avism. I've found it hits the numbers in various phases of flight identical to the manual. You can check the thread, it isn't that far down fsx's pages?

Fan boi's will be fan boi's....

Mark L.

OK, you are the expert..   LOL...  

OK, you are the expert..   LOL...

Nope. I'm just somebody who personally tested it according to actual aircraft manuals (as I do with all my add ons) before making an statement about it. So not a opinion at all.

Because an opinion is as they say, like you know what. Everybody has one and they all stink.

Mark.

Aya carramba...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case