Sign in to follow this  
Millerj90

Aerosoft Airbus - Button Function

I have searched the forum but cannot find anybody having the same problem.

I am using a Vrinsight panel with Aerosoft's Airbus package, everything works as required except:-

a) Lamp - pressing this button disconnects the panel, with the associated USB disconnect/reconnect bleeps.

b) Swap - When pressing this is the COM mode, the display flashes between the current and new frequency in an infinite loop. (Nav, ADF and DME all work as expected)

Both buttons work correctly for FSX Default aircraft.

System Details

Win 8.1

FSX-Steam

LINDA 2.6.7
Aerosoft Module 4.3 v2 (default Lamp and Swap button assignments) 

FSUIPC 4.949 (registered)

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

I have searched the forum but cannot find anybody having the same problem.

I am using a Vrinsight panel with Aerosoft's Airbus package, everything works as required except:-

a) Lamp - pressing this button disconnects the panel, with the associated USB disconnect/reconnect bleeps.

b) Swap - When pressing this is the COM mode, the display flashes between the current and new frequency in an infinite loop. (Nav, ADF and DME all work as expected)

Both buttons work correctly for FSX Default aircraft.

System Details

Win 8.1

FSX-Steam

LINDA 2.6.7

Aerosoft Module 4.3 v2 (default Lamp and Swap button assignments) 

FSUIPC 4.949 (registered)

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Hi Welcome to the LINDA forum. I have not seem the problem you describe. What VRI panel do you have? The orthogonal MCP1, MCP2 Combo 2 (Boeing) or MCP2a Airbus FCU? I will be able to check the last 2 and try and reproduce the problem.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Sorry that's about the only piece of info I didn't give. I have the MCP2a Airbus.

Many thanks

OK. I will answer your question later today. In the meantime I have moved the thread to the more appropriate Support sub-forum.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Millerj90

I will see if I can answer your query. The first thing with the VRi panels and LINDA is that you need to ensure that the VRiSim software is not running.

Using LIDNA 2.6.7 with the Aerosoft Airbus A3xx aircraft and module (4.2) loaded, switch to the MCP Combo page and select Radio (right hand panel at bottom of page). The 3 buttons at the far right around the DME/CRS knob (used to change the Radio frequencies are (clockwise): LAMP, Mode and Swap. The LAMP is hardwired to switch on/off the panel buttons lights and is hard coded (under DME/CRS knob) to work with the Default LAMP toggle. This switches on/off the instrument panel lighting. The Swap button is hard coded to switch between the in use and standby comms frequencies. The Mode button toggles the selected comm/nav off and on.

I have not experienced the resetting or comm cycling you describe. I need to ask you to do a quick edit, restart LINDA, press the buttons concerned and email me a log file.

1. Using the LINDA edit, open config-vri.lua file (in /modules/linda-cfg/system/ folder).
  2. Change the line VRI["DEBUG"]=1 to =2. 
  3. Save file (ignoring errors).
  4. Restart flt sim, aircraft and LINDA.
  5. Press LAMP button.
  6. Exit LINDA.
  7. Email /modules/fsuipc4.log to linda@awginfosys.net.
  8. Repeat 4 to 7 for Swap button.

The log files will allow me to see what is going on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scot

Many thanks for taking the time to investigate this.

I have carried out your instructions and e-mail the files to the address you gave.

The radio function still goes into it's infinite loop, but the Lamp function has started to work. The only change I have made is to switch on the debugging as per your instructions, which I sure would not have cured it.

I will keep the debugging on, in the hope to trap the errant Lamp function.

John

Hi John

Thank you for the logs. I will dig deeper tomorrow. Please post a screenshot of the MCP Combo Radio page and email me a copy of your config-mcp2.lua file (/modules/linda/aircafts/Aerosoft Airbus).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK