Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Welcome!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thank you. Downloading now. Speed still good.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You mean 6 months.

P3D V3.0: September 2015

P3D V3.1: December 2015

P3D V3.2: March 2016

Yes, you're absolutely right, but what I meant is that at least for me, that installed P3Dv3.0 from v2.5 in December 2015, it would be the third change of platform in less than three months!!!. Sounds crazy?, Yes!!!.

Edward

To what to do we owe this honor?! Is Pete Dowson on vacation this week or something?

Of course I just finished reinstalling my PC this weekend for a nice, clean, fresh install of P3D v3.1.  OF COURSE! :)

Great news on the new release. Without release notes at this point, it'll be a bit tough to recommend what path to take. You intrepid experimenters can always perform the "uninstall the client package", "install the new client package" method to see what's up.

I'd wager it will break a lot of the usual suspects, so I'll probably hang back until everything is shown to be working with FSUIPC, ASN, etc. etc. etc.

Keep us posted, early adopters!

Absolutely agree. Let's the "pioneers" start downloading and installing something that we don't know if will run with ORBX dll's, ASN, FSUIPC, PMDG, etc., etc....Then after, we'll see.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

See this - nice

• Shoreline waves now appear along coastlines
  • Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

some good fixes in that change log. the best one for me is the one that stops the viewpoint shifting when your turning your aircraft near the equator!

I wonder if we can update as we did before with just the client package?

See this - nice

Finally! Took a few years. Glad to see them back. Perhaps the reduced GPU bandwidth usage would be good news for GPU problems.

See this - nice

Our good friend Christopher will be happy :)

Downloading as I type - but - Is this a case of Uninstalling V3.1 and doing a fresh install of V3.2.2 ??

Can anyone clarify?

At the top of the release notes it says the following:

"The following list of updates has been categorized based on the installer required. The Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.2, however the ContentScenery, and SDKinstallers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v3 installed to utilize the Client only installer. To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3.0/v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. The Prepar3D v3.2 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection it will be automatic. For more information please view the Prepar3D v3 Download/Installation Instructions from the Prepar3D.com Downloads page."

http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/what_is_new/new_v32.html

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Downloading as I type - but - Is this a case of Uninstalling V3.1 and doing a fresh install of V3.2.2 ??

Can anyone clarify?

See this Updating Prepar3D v3

For updating they recommend the Install_Client way, or you can do a full uninstall/install.

It seems my misleading thread was right after all :Tounge:

" Reduced GPU memory bandwidth usage" :good:

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Would help to have a thread purely on what's working/not working: I suppose FSUIPC, ASN, Objectflow and their friends will need a couple of days.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Our good friend Christopher will be happy :)

Christopher (like me), is of good old-fashioned Cumbrian Stock Elaine. We don't have emotions - We have Weather!  It is either raining... or it is dry. If you can't see the flock then it is raining and foggy and If you CAN see the flock then you and the sheepdog have taken a wrong turn somewhere and are in a different County! (A good clue is if the sheep "Baaa" in Welsh.... then you know that you are in trouble and will be late home for your Tea). lol 

• Upvote 2

FSUIPC, ASN, Objectflow

Yes they'll need updates.

shoreline wave (prior to official release build):

Cheers, Rob.