Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Yes, i read the install notes. And i cant believe that it's so easy. I have only to install the client and all the updates are included down to the scenery, the sdk and the content?

Wow. Thats nice! :))

I have a fairly fast connection and it is telling me 4 hours for the download. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

People have been complaining about FSX not being updated since 2006, now we have a plateform upgrading every 3 months and they complain further more.

It's been a few years I did not check a flightsim forum, I forgot about that whole fun part.

Wait, let me check if people still wine about PMDG pricing in 2016. :rofl:

• Upvote 8

You can adjust the reflective nature of the Triton ocean via WaterConstantsv3.xml settings (I believe some 3rd party products already do adjust this file).

Very cool - Thx for sharing that..

So please no flaming, this is an honest question I'm confused about after reading the release notes.

Which of these do I need if I just want to update?

The release notes show Content, Scenery & Client updates....

So just those 3 installers?  Any of the other files?

Thank you

M3bOKSd.png

Yes, i read the install notes. And i cant believe that it's so easy. I have only to install the client and all the updates are included down to the scenery, the sdk and the content?

Wow. Thats nice! :))

I de-installed and re-installed client and contents from 3.0 to 3.1. No issues (except I had to input the credentials again). LM managed indeed to streamline updates in a very clever way, I'd say. I still recall the hassle of having to reinstall all scenery in the 2.x series numerous times.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

@PMB:

What about this update?  (pic)

Which file updated that?  (The scenery updates)

RsitwX4.png

The release note states "The CLIENT is REQUIRED, the others are OPTIONAL"

Download the client, uninstall the OLD CLIENT ONLY - DO NOT UNINSTALL ALL OF PREPAR3D! - then reinstall the client.

Follow the dowload/install instructions re the additional %appdata% folders. Total time should be minutes

That's all.

Vic

@irrics

That would be the installScenery.msi - but it is optional.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I doubt that there is anything in v3.2 to persuade me to upgrade. No offense intended, but those waves do not look particularly convincing to me. They look very similar to the old shoreline waves in FSX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@vgbaron:

Ok, but does what your saying mean that we would only be getting updates shown in the release notes under "Prepar3d Client" updates?

I have a fairly fast connection and it is telling me 4 hours for the download. 

you're very unlucky, i had dl the full version less than 2 minutes :)

Frédéric Giraud

I doubt that there is anything in v3.2 to persuade me to upgrade. No offense intended, but those waves do not look particularly convincing to me. They look very similar to the old shoreline waves in FSX.

I'm hoping someone can confirm that there's a performance boost of some kind as mentioned in the notes.

Is the Night environment issue fixed?

NE area  takes long time to load... there is some  memory issue with NE...also NE has big hickups.. Pause 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I read there was a bug with 3.1 (im still on 3.0) that would cause shimmering when using dynamic reflections. Any idea if they fixed that? I read through the change log and didnt see it mentioned.