Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Is this just a whole mix to it or do you use just one vendor ?

hi Moe,

yes there are several options out there today; but there's only one original, that’s Night Environment!

we usually disable all third party lights when NE region is active;

so this is not a mix of several vendors; this is just NE on its own merits!

no diluted lights or disabled libraries or anything to just get it to work in a basic form, and NO SLIDE SHOW ever!!!

• Upvote 1

I notice on most of the updates, this question never seems to be answered. 

Yes, they always say "it runs so much better" but numbers would help.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

es, they always say "it runs so much better" but numbers would help.

The problem with FPS numbers is that you cannot always tell how well the Sim runs purely by FPS

• Upvote 1

Do any of you know if this has fixed the issue with the Microsoft Sidewinder FFB joystick that was introduced in v3.1? The only work around I had for that was to stick tape over the hand 'sensor'...

• Upvote 1

Yes, they always say "it runs so much better" but numbers would help.

as Glynn mentioned before me; there are allot of variables;

what we need is a stable benchmark that can be run consistently with no changes,

somhing like UNIGEN but in P3D specifically; with few volunteers to post same stats from the same gear over time,

AVSIM Noel member mentioned he didnt think SGSS may not be needed anymore - have not tested it yet - fyi

Rich Sennett

AVSIM Noel member mentioned he didnt think SGSS may not be needed anymore - have not tested it yet - fyi

That alone would make this the upgrade of the year!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hi,

what is with

FSFX Packages
FSPS-Frictionality
VirtualAvionics CDUs

Although I am thankful for the updates, I haven't heard any significant commentary about actual benefit to the general user. Yes, I've seen the extensive changelog, but how does this translate to usage/performance/graphics etc

Either you are too happy or you're trying to twist someone's nerve. In-any-case, you have two valid points.

(1) Yes, it is such a wonderful thing that we (now) have a sim being developed and improved by such a powerful company as Lockheed Martin. I guess we are not expecting to have these updates so quickly and this causes both developers and consumers to feel a bit of irritation having to reinstall the "gazillion"  add-ons.

(2) The topic about PMDG is broad and never ending. However, the bottom line is PMDG is a business and will seek any form to make some 'more' money- and this is a great opportunity for them. Not a bad idea for them to  charge full price again (or more) for the same product without having to spend 5 years of development.

The Customer:

However, the consumers' approach is different: (a) Provide me a quality product at an affordable price; and, if it's the same product moving to another platform, don't make us pay the entire price again... And , if you decide to charge, please provide a significant discount. (PMDG refused to do this; hence, the wide discontent).

An informed consumer is a smart consumer. And no matter what explanation PMDG offers, the smart consumers will not buy it. Why? For several reasons; but here are the 2 main reasons:

(1) Powerful developers such as Aerosoft,  ASN, REX,  ORBX, and Q400 choose not to 're-charge' to provide an installer for P3D. Mathis response was this: "Why should we charge for a P3D installer? It would NOT be fair to our customers."  BAMMM ! What better explanation or excuse.... None! And yes they develop top notch add-ons.

(2) Coincidently last night as I was about to log in to my Prepar3d account on Lockheed's website, I noticed something that caught my attention (and it is there for the general public to see and read). On Prepard3d's Website, at the bottom it reads: "FSX products fully compatible with P3D. (hint, hint)

Enjoy Life- simming !

Joe

Either you are too happy or you're trying to twist someone's nerve. In-any-case, you have two valid points.

(1) Yes, it is such a wonderful thing that we (now) have a sim being developed and improved by such a powerful company as Lockheed Martin. I guess we are not expecting to have these updates so quickly and this causes both developers and consumers to feel a bit of irritation having to reinstall the "gazillion"  add-ons.

(2) The topic about PMDG is broad and never ending. However, the bottom line is PMDG is a business and will seek any form to make some 'more' money- and this is a great opportunity for them. Not a bad idea for them to  charge full price again (or more) for the same product without having to spend 5 years of development.

The Customer:

However, the consumers' approach is different: (a) Provide me a quality product at an affordable price; and, if it's the same product moving to another platform, don't make us pay the entire price again... And , if you decide to charge, please provide a significant discount. (PMDG refused to do this; hence, the wide discontent).

And informed consumer is a smart consumer. And no matter what explanation PMDG offers, the smart consumers will not buy it. Why? For several reasons; but here are the 2 main reasons:

(1) Powerful developers such as Aerosoft ASN, REX, and Q400 choose not to 're-charge' to provide an installer for P3D. Mathis response was this: "Why should we charge for a P3D installer? It would NOT be fair to our customers."  BAMMM ! What better explanation or excuse.... None! And yes they develop top notch add-ons.

(2) Coincidently last night as I was about to log in to my Prepar3d account on Lockheed's website, I noticed something that caught my attention (and it is there for the general public to see and read). On Prepard3d's Website, at the bottom it reads: "FSX products fully compatible with P3D. (hint, hint)

Enjoy Life- simming !

Joe

You totally lost me. Who are you talking to and about what????? :nea:

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

hi Moe,

yes there are several options out there today; but there's only one original, that’s Night Environment!

we usually disable all third party lights when NE region is active;

so this is not a mix of several vendors; this is just NE on its own merits!

no diluted lights or disabled libraries or anything to just get it to work in a basic form, and NO SLIDE SHOW ever!!!

Chris, just to confirm...no more issues now with NE in 3.2?  I've been wanting to buy your products for the past couple months now but have been waiting til whatever issue was happening to get resolved.  Seems to me it is now, right?  So once ASN is ready, I will make the upgrade and do some night flying with NE!!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Doubt that it's true, but keep my fingers crossed anyway

Chris, just to confirm...no more issues now with NE in 3.2?  I've been wanting to buy your products for the past couple months now but have been waiting til whatever issue was happening to get resolved.  Seems to me it is now, right?  So once ASN is ready, I will make the upgrade and do some night flying with NE!!

It is really worth it !

And you will have a NE manager in which you set the amount of lights for all kinds of roads so it will match your setup ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It is really worth it !

And you will have a NE manager in which you set the amount of lights for all kinds of roads so it will match your setup ..

Sounds good!  Looking forward to it!!  Come on, ASN...post your update.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024