Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Thank you...I have FSUIPC version 4.949 installed...I hope this will not mess up all my assignments :)

I do not suppose a new FSUIPC version is needed now?

As for updating to 3.2...I only need the Content & Client, is that correct?

The scenery needs no updating?

There is an new version not on my pc now so look into it

I updated all 3 why not thought I would be doing a new clean install anyway - make sure you uninstall it first or you will be hosed - start with client first the others does not matter

Trim wheel DOES NOT adjust. You have to spin the wheel 3 full times and the trim wheel moves 1/4 inch in the Aircraft. Does not matter what sensitivity I set it at. Using Max withn the SPAD setup but to no avail. Tried 3 different AC. One guy on their forum had the same problem and the response was well, almost foreign. I did not make sense.

Bob

Thats not a spad problem never has been its the sim - gave mine away as it never really worked well - done spinning - assigned a button to it on throttle quadrant bam all done - most high end aircraft do not require a trim wheel and really shouldn't be used 

Rich Sennett

I updated all 3 why not thought I would be doing a new clean install anyway - make sure you uninstall it first or you will be hosed - start with client first the others does not matter

Thank you, Richard.

I did uninstall the old client first, then installed the latest one.

Then I uninstalled content...busy installing new one now together with the new downloaded cab file...did not know I needed that too.

As for the scenery...hmm, wonder if that will benefit at all.

Or cause more trouble because of all my ORBX layers and REX Overdrive textures?

Thats not a spad problem never has been its the sim - gave mine away as it never really worked well - done spinning - assigned a button to it on throttle quadrant bam all done - most high end aircraft do not require a trim wheel and really shouldn't be used

Yes, I have it on my Joystick. NOt a big deal, it just bothers me when I can't get something to work (-:

Thank you, Richard.

I did uninstall the old client first, then installed the latest one.

Then I uninstalled content...busy installing new one now together with the new downloaded cab file...did not know I needed that too.

As for the scenery...hmm, wonder if that will benefit at all.

Or cause more trouble because of all my ORBX layers and REX Overdrive textures?

Yes make sure you move out objectflow file or rename it for now -  I move it as its useless - also reinstall Global - no need to uninstall and loads in a lot faster with this method

Yes, I have it on my Joystick. NOt a big deal, it just bothers me when I can't get something to work (-:

Bothered me to then I got over it  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I took the plunge this afternoon and installed the client as well as the content update and compared the files before and after the installations to determine what is changed and what one has to do so that all add-ons work properly after install.

Client update

When updating the client, apart from the core P3D files, the installer only updates files in the ShadersHLSL directory. This also affects files from PrecipitFX so a reinstall of PrecipitFX is also required when updating only the client.

Content update

Here comes the more interesting part. I compared most of the files in the following P3D sub-directories to identify the changes made by the content installer:

../Autogen

../Effects

../Fonts

../gauges

../ShadersHLSL

../SimObjects

../Scenery

../Sound

../Texture

And this are the findings:

Autogen

The content installer does replace the autogen definitions. However, to restore them you only have to run FTX Central and switch regions. That’s it. No need to backup the Autogen folder.

Effects

The installer will replace a lot of the effects with newer files. Nothing is deleted. So I would recommend doing nothing as copying back an old backup of Effects would replace the newer files by older ones. Only thing you need to do is reinstall PrecipitFX to get back these effects.

Gauges and Simobjects

The installer does a couple of changes to the default aircraft. However, none of the add-on aircrafts is affected.

Sound

Some wind sounds are replaced. I would assume that if you install REX sounds then they will be replaced again.

Texture

The installer replaces a lot of the texture files but does not delete any additional files put in there by third party add-ons. This means you definitely have to reinstall your REX textures (after they have provided the required update for 3.2). Also if you own Airport Graphics HD you need to reinstall this. That’s it.

Other folders are not affected. So in a nutshell what you need to do after updating the content is:

1. Set a region in FTX Central to fix your autogen files
  2. Reinstall PrecipitFX
  3. Reinstall REX textures
  4. Reinstall Airport Graphics HD

So no need to backup and copy any files! And also no need to reinstall FTX Global! Hope this helps…

This should be pinned somewhere!!!  Great job!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes make sure you move out objectflow file or rename it for now - I move it as its useless - also reinstall Global - no need to uninstall and loads in a lot faster with this method

Reinstall Global? I thought I could just go into FTX Central, re-apply the region and that is it?

So I really have to install all FTX Global products again?

Reinstall Global? I thought I could just go into FTX Central, re-apply the region and that is it?

From what I am hearing re-install it not a big deal

Rich Sennett

Just FTX Global. 

One installer. 

Version 1.40 (OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140)

10 minutes max. 

No big deal.

• Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

This module is being updated by FTX/Orbx.  Just disable it in the dll.xml by doubleclicking the file.  It will open in notepad.  Look for the module entry and then look for the entry as follows:

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Disabled>true</Disabled>  Change this line from False to True

The dll.xml is located in the same hidden folder as your p3d.cfg.

Best regards,

Thank you for your answer

This should be pinned somewhere!!! Great job!

Agreed! At least for the next little while as folks are jumping on board and getting up to speed on the new patching process...

Just FTX Global. 

One installer. 

Version 1.40 (OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140)

10 minutes max. 

No big deal.

Perfect, thank you!

I thought I read in one of these many many many pages, that the Nvidia Inspector settings can now be basically omitted?

Specfically things like 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling?

Anyone here care to share their revised settings with the new 3.2 install please?

• Upvote 1

Nothing new to change - what worked before is probably where you want to leave it from what I have seen - much better performance in new P3D version so no harm done

Rich Sennett

It acts as a driver for your controllers also talks to FSUIPC somehow which I forgot to mention you need FSUIPC for it to work

You have lost me here, Richard. Why would you need FSUIPC to make the Content installer work properly? :huh: Or have I misunderstood your comment?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just a quick flight over EGLL Extended in the 737, ASN, all FTX Global layers....I am extremely happy, cause currently it is totally overcast/foggy and usually, I attained around 24FPS in those conditions (25% AI Airlines)...now on average 27 jumping to 32 :)

Does anyone have any tweaks to force clouds to be not so uniformly flat-bottomed be wider and less high? I realise you can to some extent alter height with basic weather settings,but they do seem to be reluctant to spread out compared with FSX. Perhaps there are some cloud.fx tweaks (get quad etc) that alters the proportions?

Also, can anyone please offer advice about which clouds to set up for a thin layer of volumetric fog/haze/stratus clouds which hover over the ground similar to a typical spring/summer morning when the sun has not yet burnt off low level mist? I tried using cirrus but they are not solid/dense enough, and using stratus results in the opposite - too solid.

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page