Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Thank you Rob, Skully, Mr380, dylan for helping me out. Thankfully, I got V3.2 running again without any problem thank to your advice. :-)

Does NE even exist for the continental USA?  That's really my whole problem with it.  I think it's a promising product but it seems to only be available for a few states which makes it a non-starter for me.  If they actually had full coverage for the USA I'd buy it despite the cost.  But for just a few states, I'm not interested at all.

Neal

Not yet, no.  But I believe they are working on it.  They didn't start the US til relatively recently after doing a lot in the EU first.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

At first glance, I mean instantly it looked to me as if LOD was increased that makes photoscenery clearer further out.  Placebo?

It doesn't turn off ORBX lights because they are set up as autogen objects rather than effects, but it can work well with them both activated. Alternatively you can have 2 graphics settings - one for day flights and one for night flights. The night one turns off vegetation autogen then you just get the NE lights if you want that. Doing that is a good idea because you can save resources to turn NE up higher! And you don't miss the trees at night!

In P3D you can save the graphics settings as a profile so it's easy to switch between them.

Stufer, thanks. I noticed on one of their images, it showed the SF Bridge lit up. Does it also add lighting to certain objects?

Just for my info:

What I read I need to backup the "autogen folder" (for FTX) and need to reinstall GSX, right?

Is ASN and the PMDG 777 working with 3.2?

Sorry, I was too lazy to go through the whole 28 pages :-)

I don't believe so. I think the Golden Gate bridge is lit up by night in default though - could be wrong about that but they certainly light up other objects in the default sim. It adds the street light effects and a ground texture splash below. In version 2 (which is just France at the moment but others will follow) there's a whole host of effects that are added, such as lights from cars, bus stops, bars... you name it! The best thing to me about that version is the rural night map - this takes away some of the light effects in rural areas so villages and towns are lit up but the roads in between are dark.

Stufer, thanks. I noticed on one of their images, it showed the SF Bridge lit up. Does it also add lighting to certain objects?

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

GTN's should now work with P3D v3.2

From the SimForums

Note: It might not work for you, if you installed the v3.2 HotFix released earlier today.

yep working for me in the 406, def file for me was 1.05, it does list two versions.

bob

At first glance, I mean instantly it looked to me as if LOD was increased that makes photoscenery clearer further out.  Placebo?

Hi Denali, don't know if you are referring to my picture but I assure you the LOD radius in that shot is set at the 6.5 maximum in the sim. Also, I've not got photoscenery active in that shot, but ORBX Global/Vector/Open LC. ORBX lights were disabled.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

I don't believe so. I think the Golden Gate bridge is lit up by night in default though - could be wrong about that but they certainly light up other objects in the default sim. It adds the street light effects and a ground texture splash below. In version 2 (which is just France at the moment but others will follow) there's a whole host of effects that are added, such as lights from cars, bus stops, bars... you name it! The best thing to me about that version is the rural night map - this takes away some of the light effects in rural areas so villages and towns are lit up but the roads in between are dark.

Thanks Stufer!

Interesting stuff. How long have you been using it?

In version 2 (which is just France at the moment but others will follow) there's a whole host of effects that are added, such as lights from cars, bus stops, bars... you name it! The best thing to me about that version is the rural night map - this takes away some of the light effects in rural areas so villages and towns are lit up but the roads in between are dark.

Hopefully this will come to all existing products.  This is my one complaint in looking at pictures of NE...every road looks like it's in a downtown part of the city.  Even roads out in the middle of nowhere are lit like that exist in a downtown location.  Once you leave the city area, roads are not lit like that.  At least not in the U.S. anyway.  From what I remember in my trips to Europe, not there either.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thanks Stufer!

Interesting stuff. How long have you been using it?

A few months now I think, can't remember exactly when I got it. Started with just the UK and then I've added some parts of Europe too, including France.

Kevin, yes I think it can look too bright outside of the big cities but I find that preferable to not seeing enough lights! Anyway, when Chris gets rolling out the V2 versions it will improve dramatically.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

For those of you still have AA issues, I'd recommend you turn OFF "Wide-view aspect ratio" and use seat position to adjust and find a good compromise position. Although "wide-view aspect ratio" may let you see more VC, it's not very realistic "view" position. NOT that it has to be realistic (to each his or her own), but using "wide-view aspect ratio" will impact FPS a little, even more so when combined with SGSS AA.

Rob, I have tested wide view aspect ration OFF/ON but unfortunately I cannot see any visible difference in regard of AA (shimmering, jaggy lines etc.). That's with 2560x1440 monitor @ 60Hz, 0.7 zoom when ON and 0.4 zoom factor when OFF, which gives a similar field of sight.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I hope they will look at "night being too bright problem" in p3d in the future.

• Upvote 1

Danny F

Just for my info:

What I read I need to backup the "autogen folder" (for FTX) and need to reinstall GSX, right?

Is ASN and the PMDG 777 working with 3.2?

Sorry, I was too lazy to go through the whole 28 pages :-)

I can tell you that you will need to reinstall GSX or P3D will crash giving you a manxdll error.

I backed up my autogen folder but decided to just reinstall orbx SoCal as the content update will indeed mess up the orbx autogen.

Good news is my aicarriers menu is working again!

After I reinstall orbx SoCal I will probably have the compatibility adjustments again for FSDT KLAS and KLAX.

So far I can't see anything else the client and content upgdate did to break anything else.

Thank you Rob, Skully, Mr380, dylan for helping me out. Thankfully, I got V3.2 running again without any problem thank to your advice. :-)

Glad you got it up and running Dave!  :smile: