Sign in to follow this  
bradleyroebuck

ntdll.dll crash P3D v3

Hello

I seem to keep haveing a CTD when i fly.

I have noticed this is a ntdll.dll error

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b4abe

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19135, time stamp: 0x56a1c6fa

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000cf70b

Faulting process id: 0x390

Faulting application start time: 0x01d178967c183fe2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 838ec1a3-e497-11e5-b4af-fcaa1401da26

I have been flying the ngx when these crashes have occured with ezdok orbx global and england with the2 scenaries i have that im flying too.

I have re-installed the ngx with ezdok but to no solution

Thanks

Caused by bad overclock where cpu voltages are too high or too low; tweaks in P3D.cfg; high settings in p3d.cfg; addons like ezdok or any other software not make totally compatible with P3Dv3.1.  No fix for this crash is the same for everyone.  It depends on YOUR system and your setup. If you disable or uninstall ezdok, the crashes stop?  Did you install ezdok using the guidance in the pinned topic in the P3D Forum?  Did you install any products using the EMT? 

To begin investigating, you need to bring P3D back to the default:

move p3d.cfg, dll-xml, exe-xml, and scenery.cfg to temporary folder.  Restart P3D and let p3d rebuild your p3d.cfg and scenery.cfg to the defaults.  Crashes still occur?  That removes the likelihood of a bad overclock.  

move dll.xml and exe.xml (if you had them) back to the folder where your p3d.cfg is located.  Move the scenery.cfg back.  Run p3d.  Are there crashes?  If so, there is a problem within the scenery.cfg or dll.xml and/or exe.xml if applicable.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have figured out the problem it is the IVAO_MTL that causes the crash this happens when someone on vatsim needs the model C172 but i dont have the folder as it was corrupt so i deleted it but now i dont  know how to fix it

I have figured out the problem it is the IVAO_MTL that causes the crash this happens when someone on vatsim needs the model C172 but i dont have the folder as it was corrupt so i deleted it but now i dont  know how to fix it

Glad you were able to find the cause. I'm not familiar with VATSIM whatsoever as I have never used it in all my years of simming but the model C172 comes with FSX deluxe but not with P3D. The C172 has sounds and gauges and not all of the required files are in the C172 folder.  Some are in the Gauges folder in FSX.  I'm surprised VATSIM would have required you to have the C172 in the P3D folder when it was never installed in P3D.  I suspect you will need to go to VATSIM Forums and seek a solution there (unless you have a copy of FSX).  Good luck!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok so i manged to fix it but then i got this on decent

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b4abe
Faulting module name: DSOUND.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd9fd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003393e
Faulting process id: 0x26a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1795d783f4e26
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.dll
Report Id: 23837f98-e572-11e5-ba81-fcaa1401da26

Scan your system for corrupted files - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM