Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D 3.2 released. Viewpoint shift is now FIXED

Just installed the P3D 3.2 client (after uninstalling the 3.1 client). The very frustrating viewpoint shift bug found in all previous FSX/P3D versions is now FIXED once and for all!

I just tested this at OMDB in the -300ER. As most of you know, the longer the aircraft and the closer to the equator, the worse the problem was. Here is a small video I just uploaded to show the results: 

No more viewpoint shift whatsoever!

Regarding V3.2 compatability so far: PMDG -200LR/F and -300ER work flawlessly, as does FSRealtime, EZDok and FSUIPC. ASN will require a small AS Connect update to function. I am sure Rob and the development team are just as happy, considering how much worse the viewpoint shift bug would have been in the upcoming B748!

Here the full P3D 3.2 release notes: http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/what_is_new/new_v32.html

• Upvote 1

What ya think you doing pulling stunts like that doing a 360 in 777-300 ah :) 

not gona go well with management

:Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Finally it's fixed.  That alone to me is worth updating.

Rob and the development team are just as happy, considering how much worse the viewpoint shift bug would have been in the upcoming B748!

Is it the length or the wheelbase that made it worse?  If it's the wheelbase then the 748 wouldn't be as bad as the 77W since it's shorter. 

Brian W

KPAE

I'm also seeing a problem with bglmanx.dll so the FSDT Addon Manager needs an update from them.  This is normal for even minor updates from LM,  HiFi and FSDT catch up pretty quickly.  No directory changes so almost everything that installs to v3.xx will be okay I suspect.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm also seeing a problem with bglmanx.dll so the FSDT Addon Manager needs an update from them.  This is normal for even minor updates from LM,  HiFi and FSDT catch up pretty quickly.  No directory changes so almost everything that installs to v3.xx will be okay I suspect.

Likewise,

I attempted to update couatl (in-game), howeber there is yet to be one available. As you said, FSDT is usually very quick. In any case, bglmanx.dll may crash P3D on the first launch, however subsequent launches are problem free and I can confirm that FSDT KLAX, KDFW, KJFK V2 work just as well as they did under 3.1.

however subsequent launches are problem free and I can confirm that FSDT KLAX, KDFW, KJFK V2 work just as well as they did under 3.1.

Interesting, my subsequent launches continue to have problems with event viewer indicating bglmanx.dll as faulting module.  I don't think location has much to do with it, bglmanx is the Add On Manager which is location independent.  I'll check again later but I have a flight in progress checking something else.

Dan Downs KCRP

Jealous.

Kyle, are you aware of VpCorrection? A fellow PMDG user (active on this forum) wrote a small and genius .dll that can be turned on and off while flying. It entirely prevents the viewpoint shift from happening. Only downside being that it also disables EZdok for the time being. I simply activate it at pushback, and disable it sometime in the climbout, once again reverting back to normal EZdok use. Like that taxiing out, and taking off are free of the terrible viewpoint shift. I typically enabled it once again when below 10k or calling for the approach checklist, and disable again once approaching the stand/gate.

When VpC was enabled, I would pan around as necessary using the default space bar + mouse combo. Made a huge difference in FSX and P3D 3, 3.1 for me!

Shoot me a PM if you would like me to put you in touch with the developer. 

Interesting, my subsequent launches continue to have problems with event viewer indicating bglmanx.dll as faulting module.  I don't think location has much to do with it, bglmanx is the Add On Manager which is location independent.  I'll check again later but I have a flight in progress checking something else.

Apologies Dan, I should have been more clear. I meant that the first P3D launch will crash due the aforementioned bglmanx.dll. The following launch will succeed. However, after flying and quitting the sim, the next launch will once again fail. Essentially only every other launch is successful.

I would not be surprised if by the end of the week couatl has been updated for 3.2 support. 

Are the night lights now fixed too???

Here's hoping....

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Are the night lights now fixed too???

Here's hoping....

That was already fixed in 3.1!

Perhaps we are talking about a different issue? Im meaning the issue with night light splashes (strobes, wingtip nav lights, landing lights etc...) not showing on the ground unless you started the first flight in night. They didnt work if you transition from day to night. This was not a problem in v3.0, but became a problem with PMDG aircraft in v3.1 (i think PMDG have acknoweldged it an issue, but apparently the ball is in LM's court to fix!)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

would not be surprised if by the end of the week couatl has been updated for 3.2 support.

From the FSDT Forum this morning:

"The updated Addon Manager .dll that supports P3D 3.2 is online now.

To get it, run ANY FSDT installer, either a scenery, GSX, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so the installer will be able to fetch the updated .DLL from our server. No need to re-download any installer, just run the installers you already have.

« Last Edit: Today at 07:15:33 AM by virtuali »

Is it the length or the wheelbase that made it worse? If it's the wheelbase then the 748 wouldn't be as bad as the 77W since it's shorter.

It's the distance between the aircraft CG and the pilot's seat. The longer that is the worse the effect. Cosine latitude is also a factor, so at the Equator the effect is greatest (cosine(0.0) = 1.0).

ki9cAAb.jpg

It's the distance between the aircraft CG and the pilot's seat. The longer that is the worse the effect. Cosine latitude is also a factor, so at the Equator the effect is greatest (cosine(0.0) = 1.0).

Thanks, CG does make more sense.  That also explains why it always bothered me the most at Singapore too.

Brian W

KPAE