Sign in to follow this  
odai

747-8?

Hello

Apologies if the answer to this is hugely obvious, I've been out of the loop for a long time.

I understand that the PMDG 747 addon was recently discontinued due to the future release of a new, reworked version of the software. 

With the previous line up, there was an option to purchase a 747-8 external model but if I recall correctly it was simply an aesthetic change and the underlying systems, cockpit, sounds, physics etc were all identical to the 744. 

With the upcoming "747 v2", will the 747-8 be modelled uniquely to the same level of realism as the 744 or will it just be another aesthetic model change again? 

Thanks

Odai.

• Upvote 2

Excellent! I'd seen that FB post before but assumed the 747-8 was going to be another copy of the 744 after seeing the VC shots (they look identical). It hadn't occurred to me that the 747-8's cockpit in real life is similar to that of the 744, for some reason I'd just assumed it was in the same style as the 787. 

Excellent! I'd seen that FB post before but assumed the 747-8 was going to be another copy of the 744 after seeing the VC shots (they look identical). It hadn't occurred to me that the 747-8's cockpit in real life is similar to that of the 744, for some reason I'd just assumed it was in the same style as the 787. 

Have a look here. RSR posted a thread with the 747-400 and 747-8 VCs next to each other for you to be able to compare:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

In order to keep things similar enough for crews of the -400, a lot of its elements were carried over to the -8. This is the same for a lot of the elements in the 737 series all the way up until recently (and even then, a lot of it is all the same, despite all of the new displays, etc).

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers