Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

A licensing error has been detected? 3.1 to 3.2

Hey All,

So I am a bit confused. I uninstalled 3.1 completely before the move to 3.2 and did so though the windows application uninstaller. But when I put in my activation key, I get the error (9022) which states "A licensing error has been detected. Error: The Product Option ID authorized in the license is invalid or not for this application". I then cleaned my entire drive which is exclusively for P3D and also cleaned my registry. Any idea what is going on? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Don't know why anyone would remove 3.1.  This went in overtop of 3.1 smoother than silk and normally I screw something up. :smile:

Don't know why anyone would remove 3.1.  This went in overtop of 3.1 smoother than silk and normally I screw something up. :smile:

Well that was helpful. 

Anyone else? 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Because in the release notes it tells you!

To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3.0 or v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. The Prepar3D v3.2 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue.

Hey All,

So I am a bit confused. I uninstalled 3.1 completely before the move to 3.2 and did so though the windows application uninstaller. But when I put in my activation key, I get the error (9022) which states "A licensing error has been detected. Error: The Product Option ID authorized in the license is invalid or not for this application". I then cleaned my entire drive which is exclusively for P3D and also cleaned my registry. Any idea what is going on? 

Josh,

Just shoot an email to licensing@prepar3d.com They are very prompt to reply. Usually within 1 day. 

Don't pay any attention to jfmitch's response. They guy didn't follow the release notes and thinks he has a good installation.  There is a reason they have release notes.  

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

So I am a bit confused. I uninstalled 3.1 completely before the move to 3.2 and did so though the windows application uninstaller. But when I put in my activation key, I get the error (9022) which states "A licensing error has been detected. Error: The Product Option ID authorized in the license is invalid or not for this application"

Probably not the same thing Josh,  But the only time i ever seen that Message was when i Downloaded V3, tried to activate it and put in the Activation code for the previous purchase of V2.5.   I only realized this when i checked my Purchase Dates,  A Long shot

This happened to me too last night. Raised a ticket and waiting on a response.

Chris

+1

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off the upgrade until this is sorted out.

Do let us know how long the email takes to arrive.

All the best and hope you're not kept waiting too long

Jay

So will subscription users be credited for the downtime I wonder?

ROFLMAO!  :LMAO:

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Update from LM on the "official" forum.. it's a bug.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=117521

So will subscription users be credited for the downtime I wonder?

ROFLMAO!  :LMAO:

Considering that subscription users, based on plan, have a limited window of time to use their keys before either expiry or renewal, I think it was a valid question. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Finally got a reply via email ignoring my ID codes and telling me to click on the "contact licensing" link on the activation menu. Great - so now will have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours for a response to that.

Definitely going to push for a refund seeing as it's their buggy software and I'm paying monthly for this "service".

FSUK.jpg

If the problem were not fixed by expiration time, I would agree but requesting a credit for time you cannot use it?

You have got to be kidding!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Finally got a reply via email ignoring my ID codes and telling me to click on the "contact licensing" link on the activation menu. Great - so now will have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours for a response to that.

Definitely going to push for a refund seeing as it's their buggy software and I'm paying monthly for this "service".

I also got a reply and some new activation codes, but when I enter them I am now greeted with (9010) "The activation code (Activation code 1) is invalid. Sigh....

If the problem were not fixed by expiration time, I would agree but requesting a credit for time you cannot use it?

You have got to be kidding!

Vic

Just to be clear, its not a monetary credit, but an expiration time credit. If we cannot use our subscription based product for 3 days due to an identified bug, our expiration date should be extended by those 3 days. It wasnt user error, so I dont see how this isnt fair. I'm not pushing the issue with LM, but I can see where he is coming from. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I also got a reply and some new activation codes, but when I enter them I am now greeted with (9010) "The activation code (Activation code 1) is invalid. Sigh....

I've sent mine off after getting back from work. Hope they're quicker replying this time. What a hassle. Have they replied with advice on how to avoid the new error?

Just to be clear, its not a monetary credit, but an expiration time credit. If we cannot use our subscription based product for 3 days due to an identified bug, our expiration date should be extended by those 3 days. It wasnt user error, so I dont see how this isnt fair. I'm not pushing the issue with LM, but I can see where he is coming from.

Thanks Josh. That is exactly why I'm asking them to extend time. Why should I lose money because of a bug in their software which I now can't use within my monthly subscription.

EDIT: Received email from LM. Now have exactly the same issue as you Josh. Error 9010.

And this company makes REAL aeroplanes? Crikey. I'll be avoiding flying in anything Lockheed for the time being ;)

FSUK.jpg