Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D V3.2 shot

I removed REX Direct with Softclouds (did a complete P3D install) and I must say the default clouds look pretty good!

They are very nice - but I like options  :wink:

Rich Sennett

What is your LOD radius set to? I've set mine at Ultra but draw distance doesn't even come close to this Oo

Defaut 6.5 - have not tried to change it in new p3d 3.2 - thinking that still wont be possible

The taburet lights are making up for the lod - they dont seem to adhere to that setting they are visible at long distances on their own - nice

Rich Sennett

Defaut 6.5 - have not tried to change it in new p3d 3.2 - thinking that still wont be possible

The taburet lights are making up for the lod - they dont seem to adhere to that setting they are visible at long distances on their own - nice

They're really nice indeed. P3D alone is a blast already.

• Upvote 1

Have you had any problems installing REX P3D V3.2

No should not be any problems with REX installing - I have not tried in this new build of P3D as I just updated P3D - have not gotten around to doing a fresh install yet plan on it this weekend

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

The only thing missing from taburet lights (IMHO) would be something along the lines of selecting a percentage of lights from the various files for those of us that are at the limits of our setup. Between the two, I think I prefer taburet lights... However, I have to remove residential lighting.

Going to have to play and see what files give the best mix and still maintain smoothness. I don't mind the momentary lag when an airport loads, but it's once and for a 1/2 second if that. That I can tolerate with night views as seen above.

I also like Night Environment, but the distance limitation hurts the product, no fault of Chris and support is top notch... It's a P3D3 limitation. Maybe that will be removed in the future, would be nice if L/M gave us the ability to remove all rearward views and extend the front view.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Rich,

The only thing missing from taburet lights (IMHO) would be something along the lines of selecting a percentage of lights from the various files for those of us that are at the limits of our setup. Between the two, I think I prefer taburet lights... However, I have to remove residential lighting.

Going to have to play and see what files give the best mix and still maintain smoothness. I don't mind the momentary lag when an airport loads, but it's once and for a 1/2 second if that. That I can tolerate with night views as seen above.

I also like Night Environment, but the distance limitation hurts the product, no fault of Chris and support is top notch... It's a P3D3 limitation. Maybe that will be removed in the future, would be nice if L/M gave us the ability to remove all rearward views and extend the front view.

Mike all you have to do is move the larger size residential files out to a dummy folder - works great as for user preference NE lights is a great product and would not persuade otherwise 

Taburet is not as structured and not a lot of control over it but I like its draw distance and has that old UTX V1 look which I sorely missed

Rich Sennett

Hey Rich,

I don't care to much about accurate street lighting myself, I do enjoy the extra distance I'm getting with taburet lights. Yeah, I'm going to play with the residential files to find the right mix. It may take some time, but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey Rich,

I don't care to much about accurate street lighting myself, I do enjoy the extra distance I'm getting with taburet lights. Yeah, I'm going to play with the residential files to find the right mix. It may take some time, but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Exactly if you play with moving some out you will be fine - wont have as much in burbs but still plenty - sort by file size gram about 4 or 5 of the heavy hitters - good to go

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

I don't seem to be getting any bloom, never mind I got it. This is where I'm at so far, Night, Dawn, Dusk. Slew Mode Above Miami

LightTest1.jpg

LightTest3.JPG

LightTest2.JPG

No should not be any problems with REX installing - I have not tried in this new build of P3D as I just updated P3D - have not gotten around to doing a fresh install yet plan on it this weekend

Just installed REX on new install V3.2 no problems it works

- Paul Cartier

Beautiful sunset and lights.  Will have to install 3.2.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi Rich,

I don't seem to be getting any bloom, never mind I got it. This is where I'm at so far, Night, Dawn, Dusk. Slew Mode Above Miami

Great shots Mike - awesome flight deck - what am I missing - your lights are much whiter than mine you have a those two texture files to share ? thanks

Just installed REX on new install V3.2 no problems it works

Super news

Rich Sennett

Seeing lights in the far distance is really what makes this product shine ;)