Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Entering G100 Flight Plan Problems

Tom, you'll love the GTN750 in it. I believe with Berts mod you can have the best of both. The Carenado panel and the GTN panel

Not wanting to high jack this topic but to add my results. As stated earlier in this thread I have the Phenom 300 and the GTN 750 installed. GTN750 is working fine. I have tried just using the G1000, just to get familiar with it as well, but I feel as if I have an unsolvable problem because I have followed both different FFL procedures described above and in each case when going to the PROC page, only Approach is selectable.  The other options are grayed out, plus I can only scroll down to Approach. I assume that tjrush is able to select the other options in PROC, such as, Arrival and Departure.

I am wondering if I need to uninstall things.....GTN 750. Carenado Phenom 300, Navigraph Data and start again.

Dutch,

I have been using the GTN all along but for reasons that only my psychiatrist could explain, I wanted to fly the plane with the original equipment. It was an interesting journey that has led me to the conclusion that the Carenado G1000 is not ready for prime time.

Tom

After setting up a flightplan, is it possible to select DTO a particular waypoint? the last time I tried this the entire flightplan disappeared.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

After setting up a flightplan, is it possible to select DTO a particular waypoint? the last time I tried this the entire flightplan disappeared.

DTO will erase the flightplan and create a single waypoint.  You need to do the following:

1. With a flightplan entered open up the flightplan window by pressing FPL. 

2. Rotate the FMS knob to highlight the waypoint you want to fly direct to and then press the MFD soft key ACT LEG. 

3. You'll get a confirmation window and then press ENT to activate that leg of the flightplan. 

I haven't checked to see if the plane will fly to that leg of the flightplan or fly directly to the waypoint but if you look on page 266 of the actual Phenom 300 Prodigy Flight Deck manual you will see that the actual procedure for activating a flight plan leg is the same.

Todd

Edit: Reviewing the Direct To Navigation chapter starting on page 232 of the real manual I don't see anywhere where it say's if the flightplan is maintained after selecting a DTO waypoint.  So I can't say whether it is correct or not that the flightplan should disappear when selecting a DTO.

The G1000 Navigraph addon installer works?  Does it really install your product into the Phenom300?  Last time I checked it does not.  It installs your product into C:\Program Files (x86)\Carenado Installer.  You then have to manually move the files to P3D.  It installs okay in FSX but not in P3D.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ah, Stream.  I keep thinking everyone is using P3D.  I'm not the expert here on the switches but what I do is set the altitude, take off, and then switch on AP, NAV, and VNAV (VNV).  Nav works but not VNV so I click on VS and select my vertical speed.  When the aircraft gets to altitude, the Alt kicks in and the aircraft levels off.  On the way down, I click on VS again and begin the descent (after setting the alt to a lower altitude).  It descends and levels off at the set altitude.  When I near the approach, I will select APR and the aircraft captures the slope and I land.  Easy....

I'm not sure what you are meaning when it does not accept the alt or nav switches.  If you place your cursor over the switches they will tell you whether they are on or not.  They do not light up on the panel as activated.  The nav really works well.  The only thing that does not work is SPD (or I have not gotten it to work).  I like handling the throttle manually anyway.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The ILS screen stays black.  And the ALT, NAV and AP switches do not turn on when pressed.  Hence, no autopilot system--at all.

Are you turning on the ground power or starting the engines before the battery drains?  Once you have the engines running when you press the ALT and NAV buttons do you see the autopilot modes indicated on the PFD?  The master autopilot switch won't turn on until you are in the air but you can select the Flight Director and pre-select other modes.  Also what you refer to as "The ILS screen" is the Standby Attitude Indicator and it also has the ability to show the ILS but the PFD is the main ILS display.

Another thing to check.  Do you have the files Carenavigraph.dll and CMeteoXml.dll in your root FSX-SE folder?  Are the entries for those two files also in your DLL.xml file?

Todd

The Standby Attitude Indicator will power up when you turn on the battery switches.

The two program files (they are not doc files) that I mentioned should be installed in your root FSX folder.  If they are not then you might have problems like you are experiencing.

Please read this topic: http://www.avsim.com/topic/479500-carenado-emb505-phenom-300-hd-series-prepar3d-v3/page-2

Start at post #21 and read from there.  There are screenshots on page 3 of that thread that show the files I'm talking about.

Todd

Another interesting topic to read. Regarding the realism I heard that the newer Phenom 300's can be equipped with the Prodigy Touch Avionics Suite which seems to operate quite similar to the GTN 750. So while it may not be fully realistic to fly this aircraft with the GTN 750 it seems not completely off.

Now, I found something interesting: If you save a flight plan e.g. with ProATC or EFB, load it in the sim, using a Phenom 300 with the GTN750 mod, then right click on the GTN's SD slot and choose the in-sim GPS, then use the click spot to open the MFD......voilà the flight plan shows in the G1000. 

The same does not work if you try replicating it with a Phenom without the GTN mod. Maybe Bert or one of the other modders find this helpful fur further study.

Hans

Enabling the in-sim GPS  (FSX default GPS) in an aircraft that has the GTN 750 installed is a bad idea.. :Shame On You:

Bert

Sorry if you got me wrong. I don't want to enable the default GPS when using the GTN. But given that the plane can suddenly read the default GPS with your mod as opposed to without your mod I believe that it could also do so if used with the stock Prodigy. Something Carenado should fix and not you but I am believing more in your authority, Bert.  :hi:

Hans

I'm not sure my mod enables this behavior...

The Flight1 GTN gauge, like the Reality XP GNS gauge before it, has a concept of  "active navigation device".

Right clicking on the SD card toggles between the GTN and the default FSX GPS as the device that drives the autopilot.

So, if you have the GTN installed, you can switch to the FSX GPS.. but just because you can, does not make it a good idea.. IMHO.. 

Bert

Fully agree that the mix of both navigation devices is nonsense, I tried it in flight and it is quirky to say the best. My thoughts were coming from detecting that the G1000 implementation in the Phenom 100 reads FSX/Prepar3D plans, however in the Phenom 300 it does not. Once the GTN mod is active though, it reads the plans as the 100 does. Just a coincidence as it seems. For people who would like to be able to load plans for the original Prodigy version it seemed to me that it would come handy to have this feature when using the original aircraft without the GTN. Given that saving and loading of flight plans seems to be a standard feature in the real aircraft I continue wondering why this feature was not implemented by the designers in the first place, same for the GTN 750 which in real life can also load and save plans. My ignorance of the programming of virtual devices may explain where I am coming from. I also realize that it is best practice to program the flight plan for each flight, saved plans are more of a convenience. 

Hans

You can save flight plans in the GTN.. that part is implemented.

Bert