Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Teens react to windows 95

Though an evil part of me thinks this could easily be, Teens react to FSX!  :lol:  :Nerd:

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Geez,

These kids are so out of touch with technology. How would they work in today's jobs that use Linux CLI? They look so lost.

DOS command lines???? lol

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Oddly enough, I still have several "antique" computers: a 486i under DOS 3.1, a Pentium II under Win95, and a Pentium II under WinXP. While they aren't used every day, they are absolutely required for me to program older Motorola and Kenwood radios. The programming cables require a DB-15 Com port and the software will not run at all on more modern versions of Windows! :shok:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What is a modem?

The worst thing in the world is not having wi-fi.

20 years but it could easily be a century!

Great entertainment, thanks for posting! :smile: :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Makes me feel old and I am not that old. 80486 is and always will be the best generation of PC's. The Pentium/Windows95 generation was the beginning of the dumbing down of the PC. These kids are evident of that.

Matthew Kane

I'm a teenager. Got my first computer when I was 11 months old lol. My dad was a tech geek back then who occasionally built his PCs. I still have ALL of the computers I've used since then. One's a Windows 95 with a Pentium (can't remember which one, probably a II) and 512 MB of RAM, which from my understanding was quite a bit back then. After using that for a year, my dad got me a Windows 98 (I remember playing Driver 1 and some rally racing game with a joystick) with one of the higher-end Pentium III's. Unsure about the RAM. After that, I got a Windows 2000 which was REALLY nice. I can play FS2000 on almost max settings at a decent framerate lol. All of them STILL work somehow. And they run smoother than some of my older Windows 7 PCs. Anything older than Windows 95 is really foreign to me.  :blush:

My favorite part about these computers was the dial-up noise. So memorable. Oh, any of course I can't forget my favorite keyboard, the IBM Model M. Love the clicky noise.

My favorite part about these computers was the dial-up noise.

Don't your friends wonder why it's called 'dialing'?? There's no dial!?!  :lol:

So memorable. Oh, any of course I can't forget my favorite keyboard, the IBM Model M. Love the clicky noise.

Thanks that made my day. IBM made some great hardware. I worked at IBM in Toronto in the early 1980's and they had those 3270 terminals that were built like tanks, and the keyboards made this nice chunky sound.  :smile:

Barry Friedman