Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

P3D V3.2 & SODE or GSX - UPDATE INFORMATION

Just to let you know if someone wonders why the GSX selection window or SODE window will not appear after updating from P3D V3.1 to 3.2:

Update of the client package is NOT sufficient in order to get SODE or GSX windows to appear with the respective hot keys. You have to update the content package as well. Then it will work. Do not forget to backup the Autogen folder in case you have custom files (such as FTX). These files will be overwritten otherwise when updating the content package.

Regards,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi,

thanks for the headup. Instead of installing the Contents, would it be possible to re-install GSX/SODE to get the entries back?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just to let you know if someone wonders why the GSX selection window or SODE window will not appear after updating from P3D V3.1 to 3.2:

Update of the client package is NOT sufficient in order to get SODE or GSX windows to appear with the respective hot keys. You have to update the content package as well. Then it will work. Do not forget to backup the Autogen folder in case you have custom files (such as FTX). These files will be overwritten otherwise when updating the content package.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

thanks for the headup. Instead of installing the Contents, would it be possible to re-install GSX/SODE to get the entries back?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Great info - seems to work but make sure you replace your autogen with your original ones as it is way different also you found out your controllers will get rest to some degree my quadrant settings are different now - try to save your cfg out in p3d menu and try to import them back in after - doesnt work all the time but worth a try

Make sure you use add remove in windows for the content first before installing new one or you may be hosed

Rich Sennett

Hi,

No, Michael, unfortunately not. It has something to do with LM's simconnect menu changes in 3.2. GSX or SODE is working, but you will not see the windows. After the content update the windows are back and will look similar to the ATC window.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks Chris, this is important information indeed.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well that explains the loss of the GSX and Ai Carriers menus..

Still not sure what I will lose or mess up if i install the new content file though.

The new content file is only about 3mb and my P3D content in the uninstall menu is 5 gigs..

Just a general question...is SODE exclusive to P3D? (I'm on FSX:SE)

Just a general question...is SODE exclusive to P3D? (I'm on FSX:SE)

Yes, it is a separate free addon which is part of recently released airport sceneries (e.g. LOWS, LIRF, EPWA) to place and move objects, e.g. jetways, wind socks etc. It is installed outside the P3D root folder.

Well that explains the loss of the GSX and Ai Carriers menus..

Still not sure what I will lose or mess up if i install the new content file though.

The new content file is only about 3mb and my P3D content in the uninstall menu is 5 gigs..

It will overwrite the autogen folder in P3D root. Therefore, it is good to make a backup before, if you use non-standard autogen files (FTX Central etc.). It was also suggested to backup the effects folder, but I did not see that any non-standard fx files were overwritten. It might be different if you use ORBX products, not sure whether they overwrite standard fx files with their installers.

After the content update, you do also have to update REX textures, if you use those. Otherwise clouds will be standard.

As to the file size: you need also the cont1.cab file, not only the msi content installer. That should explain the difference.

Update works flawesly. Did it from 3.0 > 3.1 and now 3.1 > 3.2

Regards,

Chris

--

Could someone put in here a "dummies" tutorial to install the content for p3dv3.2, my GSX not showing.

Even though most of the instructions are here I could just miss something.

Would be very thankful.

All the best

Denis B

what if I do not want to install content in fear of messing it all up?

shouldn't the next standalone update fix this issue?

cheers

mike

Thank you for the detailed explanation Chris!

Could someone put in here a "dummies" tutorial to install the content for p3dv3.2, my GSX not showing.

Even though most of the instructions are here I could just miss something.

Would be very thankful.

All the best

Denis B

Have done the content update - if like me you dont want the default showing when you choose a vehicle then copy and paste your aircraft folder as the content update puts all the default back in the aircraft folder

I took out the default aircraft and put them in a folder I named My Hanger  - just me.

Thanks for all info about other folders - big help - took the plunge - GSX now  works like Chris says

Denis B

what if I do not want to install content in fear of messing it all up?

shouldn't the next standalone update fix this issue?

If you don't use FTX or other addons that replace autogen files in the root autogen folder of P3D, then you will not mess up anything with the content update. In the worst case, you just have to re-install that particular addon again following your content update. I made a backup of my autogen folder, deinstalled the 3.1 content and installed 3.2 content. Then I copied back the autogen files. As I use SimStarter, I had also to deactivate all the airplanes / liveries that I do not need after the update, because the content package also updates the simobjects (without touching 3rd parties aircrafts such as PMDG).

Regards,

Chris

--

All you do is uninstall "Prepare Content" module from the add remove programs of Windows.

Then d/l from LM website the Content file and content.cab file. 2 files one is small the other is about 1.6 gb.

Install that and your good to go.

Just make sure to backup Autogen folder if your using special textures etc like Global or GEP3D.

Sorry typing on a mobile so if it's a mess I apologize.

I did this this morning in about 5 minutes and was back up flying.

Sean Green

If you don't use FTX or other addons that replace autogen files in the root autogen folder of P3D, then you will not mess up anything with the content update. In the worst case, you just have to re-install that particular addon again following your content update. I made a backup of my autogen folder, deinstalled the 3.1 content and installed 3.2 content. Then I copied back the autogen files. As I use SimStarter, I had also to deactivate all the airplanes / liveries that I do not need after the update, because the content package also updates the simobjects (without touching 3rd parties aircrafts such as PMDG).

Thanks for the reply

I do have ftx stuff installed

So do I back up my Orbx folder?

Wow!