Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Installation Folder + FS Global 2010

Hi all,

New to Prepar. I have a question. Can I install Perpar into separate designated drive?

FS Global 2010.

Is there anyone who has 2010 FS Global version on DVD and FTX compatibility add-on? Is it possible to add FS Global 2010 to Prepar v3 or do I have to purchase it from the scratch.

And finally, is it worth of adding it at all? I will add FTX Global, vector etc...

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom Link

Hi:

I will try to answer your questions.

I installed P3D a few days ago into my "E" drive.  I haven't had any issues that I can tell by doing so.

With regards to Global, they just announced the installer to P3D.  Please see this link for more info.:

http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/%C2'>

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I've had FS Global 2010 installed for quite a few years, I don't use it now, but in the past I used it in 2.5 and in 3.0. I didn't have to reinstall it, I just pointed to it in the scenery Library.

I originally had it installed for FSX, which is gone now, but Global 2010 was never taken off the hard drive. 

If you can't install, you can use one of various programs that work with ISO's.

Copy the DVD's to hardrive, extract, that will give you the scenery folders to point to in the Scenery Library of P3D.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi all,

New to Prepar. I have a question. Can I install Perpar into separate designated drive?

FS Global 2010.

Is there anyone who has 2010 FS Global version on DVD and FTX compatibility add-on? Is it possible to add FS Global 2010 to Prepar v3 or do I have to purchase it from the scratch.

And finally, is it worth of adding it at all? I will add FTX Global, vector etc...

Kind regards,

Tom

You can use FS Global 2010 with FTX version in P3D, you dont need to reinstall, just create the areas and point in your scenery,cfg.

You can also what to check FreeMeshX, that can be used together with FS Global, if you have the disk space, both give you a awesome mesh.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

With FSglobal just let it check for an updated installer. If it doesn't have that option I believe you can download a new installer from their website.