Sign in to follow this  
csharpe

St. Helena Island (FHSH) airport

My St. Helena Island (FHSH) airport project is almost done.  The entire island is redrawn with correct landclass and SRTM1 (30-meter) mesh, and there is now enough satellite data available, in conjunction with the airport master plan, to properly place the runway.  I have also included AI Traffic for the proposed flights to the new airport.

I've still had some difficulty nailing down some final details.  Placeholder frequencies have been used for the VOR/DME and the offset ILS, and I have not placed the airport NDB airport yet, because I'm not sure if they moved the original FSX NDB or added a new one to the island.

If there are any FS pilots that have access to this missing information, I would welcome it before I upload this project!

Thanks,

Carlyle

FHSH-1.jpg
FHSH-2.jpg
FHSH-3.jpg
FHSH-4.jpg
FHSH-5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

What a surprise finding this in development already!  Any ETA on release? :smile: 

With the airport soon going operational, I've found some information on ATNS' site that could be helpful: http://www.atns.com/atm.php?id=113

You can also find some awesome photos of the terminal here: http://whatthesaintsdidnext.com/2016/04/05/the-brand-new-st-helena-airport-is-amazing

ETA is any day now!  It's pretty much done.  I'll dig into the ATNS site and make updates as I can.  In the meantime, I went ahead and created custom scenery for Tristan da Cunha and Gough Island, which I will also include with this project.  

Thanks!

Carlyle

Great looking scenery looking forward to adding it and flying, what a unique airport. It's not in the Jeppesen database yet I guess next month it will be added.

Thanks!  I've kind of come to think of it as "SABA on steroids"!  ;)

Wow, I stumbled across this thread by accident!

Looks like so Much fun; superb looking work - very well done indeed.

Can't wait to test my skills, may I ask is it released yet?

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.

I think everything is done now.  Many more details have been added since the original pictures were posted.  I'm just going back and double-checking details, then I need to write up the instruction guide.  This started out as only the St. Helena Island area, but I expanded it to include a complete remake of Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha (with an optional airport, which will probably never be built in real life) and Gough Island (with the actual weather station heliport), so the project got a little bit away from me.

Fingers crossed it will be uploaded by the end of the week, and it will appear in the AVSIM library!

Best,

Carlyle

Thanks, Andrew.

I think everything is done now.  Many more details have been added since the original pictures were posted.  I'm just going back and double-checking details, then I need to write up the instruction guide.  This started out as only the St. Helena Island area, but I expanded it to include a complete remake of Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha (with an optional airport, which will probably never be built in real life) and Gough Island (with the actual weather station heliport), so the project got a little bit away from me.

Fingers crossed it will be uploaded by the end of the week, and it will appear in the AVSIM library!

Best,

Carlyle

Your SEQM is payware quality, thank you for your work!

Thanks, Andrew.

Best,

Carlyle

That's awesome, exciting, really looking forward to this.

Carlyle, you demonstrate the best of the FS community; Thank you for your excellent efforts.

Nice work. Where is you-know-who's house?  :smile:

Thanks again, Andrew!  And Paul, I just added the Longwood complex "house"... 

Longwoodhouse.jpg

Best,
Carlyle

That will be a lot of fun to fly into!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU