Sign in to follow this  
csharpe

St. Helena Island (FHSH) airport

I planned on uploading last weekend...but "life" happened.  ;)  Just finishing up the installation guide now.

Shooting for this weekend now, although I hear they've now pushed the May 21, 2016, opening of the real airport back AGAIN for extended field tests due to challenging crosswinds.  At this rate, you guys will be in there before the real passengers...

Best,

Carlyle

Still on track for this weekend, but in the meantime, here's a teaser from the real thing!

Carlyle

• Upvote 2

I can't imagine the feeling it must be to get an airport for those people.

Looking forward to your scenery. :)

It's up!  I posted to AVSIM, FlightSim, and Simviation last night, and Simviation posted it first:

Best,

Carlyle

Edited by Jim Young
Link to competing Library website removed.
  • Upvote 1

Very nice! I'm downloading it as I type. Loved the real world vid - a bit of patriotism flared up when I saw it was a BA 737 :) 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Carlyle,

The moment I saw the eArticle about the new airport I started my version.  Your's is light years ahead of mine.  Mine is "functional"...your's is amazing!  I'll be scrapping mine and downloading yours immediately.  I've already petitioned the powers to be at my VA to begin allowing charter flights.

And I assume you discovered the NDB, ST, is new and not the existing one moved...as well as HE and SH VORs.

I also used ATN's charts to build mine, a great find.

Randy

Downloading now and will give it a go!  Thanks for your efforts on this project!! :smile:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Carlyle,

The moment I saw the eArticle about the new airport I started my version.  Your's is light years ahead of mine.  Mine is "functional"...your's is amazing!  I'll be scrapping mine and downloading yours immediately.  I've already petitioned the powers to be at my VA to begin allowing charter flights.

And I assume you discovered the NDB, ST, is new and not the existing one moved...as well as HE and SH VORs.

I also used ATN's charts to build mine, a great find.

Randy

Randy,

Don't you just hate when that happens!  ;)  (I started mine on February 22nd after seeing this article http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/24/travel/remote-atlantic-airline-saint-helena-napoleon/index.html.)  I can't tell you the number of times I've scrapped an FS project because another one made it obsolete before I could even get out of the gate.  I did, in fact, find and incorporate all (hopefully correctly) of the new information that was shared in this thread.  But as with all new airports, there may still be some bugs to work out...

Thanks for the words of support!

Carlyle

Everything seemed to work OK.  Did the ILS RWY 20 landing.  It seemed a little off-kilter to the runway heading so

I disengaged the AP and AT about 3 miles out.  Good job on the airport.  I'll recommend you for a raise outta

petty cash! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did the ILS RWY 20 landing.  It seemed a little off-kilter to the runway heading

That sounds about right... The ILS is at a 15 degree offset due to signal limitations by the surrounding terrain (the Barn).

• Upvote 1

I cannot seem to find the scenery for FHSH can any one point me in that direction,and is it FS2004 friendly?the B738 ZS-ZWG BA/Comair is the first Scimitar equipped ng 737 in the Comair fleet!

I cannot seem to find the scenery for FHSH can any one point me in that direction,and is it FS2004 friendly?the B738 ZS-ZWG BA/Comair is the first Scimitar equipped ng 737 in the Comair fleet!

It still has not posted on AVSIM, even though I submitted it at the same time I submitted it to the other sites.  My link to it was removed (didn't realize that wasn't allowed).  If you go to the simviation site, you will find it, but it is an FSX scenery.  I doubt it will work in FS9.  

When AVSIM posts it, I will put the link here!

• Upvote 1