Sign in to follow this  
csharpe

St. Helena Island (FHSH) airport

Carlyle,

Just grabbed the updated terminal and tower as well as the FS9 download since I use both platforms.  Amazing...that's all I can say!

Flying around St Helena Island in FS9 with the Cessna I got to thinking.  I wonder if it would be appropriate to reach out to St Helena Island Administrators via email to let them know their little corner of the world in the South Atlantic had grabbed the attention of the flight simulation world?

Maybe share some screenshots of the airport and island.  Who knows, they may invite you there for a personal one on one tour...

:smile:

Randy

Who knows, they may invite you there for a personal one on one tour...

That would be pretty amazing!  :smile:

I'm glad the FS9 version worked out.  SBuilderX is actually much more user-friendly on the FSX side, so it took me a few tries to figure out the FS9 version and make everything work.  One thing I'd forgotten was that FS9 really doesn't like placing autogen on slopes, so the area around Jamestown doesn't look nearly as "dense" as it does in the FSX version.  Ironically, adding the roads actually helped more of autogen pop up, because they attached themselves to the flattened-out areas.  FS9 also has an issue interpolating detailed shorelines...for some reason the beach shoreline "texture" just disappears on the northern side of the island even though the waves/surf remain...go figure!

It had been awhile since I'd been in my FS9...dang, it loads fast! How quickly we forget.   :wink:

Best,

Carlyle

Hello Carlyle !

This scenery looks absolutely fantastic ! It's so realistic, the textures look magnificently perfected, and the AI traffic is just icing on the cake  :P  I have only a couple of questions:

1. Where can I get it ?

2. Is it free or do I have to pay ?

3. Does it work for FSX: Acceleration ?

Thank you very much  :smile:

David  :flag-69:

The ILS is at a 15 degree offset due to signal limitations by the surrounding terrain (the Barn).

I've posted an update which updates the localizer from the previous 15-degree offset to the present 5-degree offset, removes the glideslope from the ILS, and updates the naming of the approach plates.  These should now better match the real-world updates made to FHSH.

Best,

Carlyle

David,

You can find it here: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsx_st_helena_ascension_tristan-da-cunha.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

and the custom terminal is here: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsx_st_helena_custom_terminal.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search and the ILS update should post within hours!

It is compatible with FSX/Acceleration through P3D.

Best,

Carlyle

Just to confirm, this is compatible with P3D v3.2?

Thanks!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I believe someone earlier on the forum confirmed it was compatible with P3Dv3.  It was created with FSX/Acceleration, and so far I've found that tends to be compatible with all the variations of FSX/P3D from Acceleration forward.

Best,

Carlyle

Great, thanks Carlyle. Will try it out in P3D and take a flight out there from Cape Town.

Cheers!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi Carlyle,

After discovering this amazing place a month or so ago, I wanting to develop this airport (and the base on Ascension) for a mobile flight sim (Infinite Flight)

The only thing holding me back is that I need real life imagery to trace. Best case scenario is satellite. Would you be able to advise as to the sources you used?

PS the scenery looks amazing in those screenshots; if I still had FSX installed I would certainly have it installed.

Ewan

Hi Carlyle

I hope all is well.

I have found some time to test out St Helena, I see there are some updates; may I politely request: Can you provide the most recent links to the download/s?

I am unsure what are the newest and see there are updates, what would be the install order?

Thank you

Andrew

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Seems the real thing is delayed again. Very nice scenery for FSX! Thanks

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

So, it sounds like the first flight landed today 8/5/17. Saw a news article online and thought WOW that looks like an interesting airport! It's great to see that someone has already hoped on board with getting scenery done, well done @csharpe

Glad to hear they are finally getting some service at the airport.  Thanks!

Hi Carlyle

I've tried to download the scenery via the avsim library but all I got is an unreadable PDF.

Do you know what's going on?

Regards..Cees

Cees van der Linden