Sign in to follow this  
johnor999

GNS430 unable to load a certain waypoint

Hello,

I'm having problems loading a Swedish NDB called "NV". If I try to load it, I get the "Duplicate Waypoints" window, however it just keeps loading. No list of choices appears. If I try to load another Swedish NDB called VNA, I get the list without any problems. I'm using the latest version available as of today. (I downloaded and installed the one available at www.mindstaravaiation.com just an hour ago or so) I ran the installer as administrator and made sure all access rights were correct. After that I reinstalled the latest RealNav AIRAC, however despite my efforts it still get's stuck.

I'm convinced it's something with my system that's causing it but just in case, could anyone try to load an aircraft at the airport Umea (ESNU) and then try to load the NDB called "NV" (which is located close to the airport ESNV) ? I just want to know for sure that it is my system and not a bug so I'm not chasing ghosts.

I just tried it on my system and it came up with a list. It took a minute, not sure why other than data reading times as there are several NV entries.

I loaded in at ESNU and pressed FPL. Then I enabled the cursor and set the ID to 'NV' and pressed the ENT button. It brought a list up with the Netherlands at the top and then Sweden next. I selected the one in Sweden and it shows as being 97nm away.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Interesting, if I browse the nearest NDB:s NV shows up. If I highlight it and press the Direct button, I'm able to get the list of duplicates. But via the FPL menu it never loads.

Update:

I tried switching to the Microsoft database instead of RealNav but it still won't load. I've also tried uninstalling the GNS430/GNS530 and then reinstalling it again but the problem persists. I've tried the default C172 with the panel setup provided by Mindstar, however the problem persists there as well. I really have no clue as to what else I can do...

Applied the latest updates from Windows Update but the problem persists. Any ideas what to do next? For clarification, I'm using the default C172 with the provided GNS setup to reduce any interfering addons, but like I stated above the problem persists.

Johan,

We are still looking at this issue. I will let you know when we have something.

Ok, and just as I posted that... I was given an update.

This appears to be an issue with the sim's GPS database not responding to our query in a timely fashion for some information. In essence, it times out and you're left with a blank duplicates window on your screen. We will be adding the ability to adjust the timeout value via a setting so that if your system is taking longer, you can extend the amount of time the software will wait before it decides it's timed out.

I will let you know when to download the newer version and how to adjust the timer value.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We have found that third party updates to the core sim nav data can be a primary source to this issue.  Have you installed anything like that into your sim?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi

Yes - I had the Navaid updates from www.aero.sors.fr. When I removed them, the problem with the gauge went away. Unfortunately it was replaced by another one of crashing after inserting the waypoint to the plan, however I fixed that by following the advice you had given to someone in another thread to add:

ProvideAIdata=Yes
ProvideAIairports=No

to the [General] section of FSUIPC4.ini

So the gauge now works for me.

Many thanks for helping so quickly