Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Your Thoughts on P3D v3

Hi everyone,

I just did a review of P3D v3 which should be posted in a few days. However, I though I would also include a few comments from current customers on their impression of P3D v3.

If you were a long time FSX user or even if P3D is the first simulator you have used, I would appreciate hearing your views and I will add your comments to the review.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Hi Carter

Sure ,

"

Simmer for 10 years and a huge forward step in quality ,visuals and on going developement . 5 stars here "

VAS improvement alone is a must buy" " Very very nice back compatible catalogue as well

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I had 2.3 going with a single install since it was released and had told myself I wouldn't waste my time and money until 64bit debuted at which point it would be worth it.  I had file corruption happen on the SSD 2.3 lived on so needed to do a clean install of OS and all the rest, and you know what that means!  So I picked up 3.1, and now have 3.2 installed, and I'm duly impressed!  The AA is superior enough to allow avoiding the SGAA which kills the best video cards when flying thru clouds, VAS improvement is remarkable, and overall smoothness and performance is impressively improved.  It's as many tried to tell me--a bit of a no brainer!

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Flight Simming since 1986.  P3D is the best thing I have seen so far, and I have tried all of them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As an x-plane user for years I took the leap into P3D last week and all I can say is WOW very nice sim along with the very complex add-ons make it a winner! (especially the Q400)

- Paul Cartier

Simmer since SubLogic ATP and FS on an Atari 520ST (well even before that actually)

I too will give the nod to P3d.  I'm on 3.1 getting ready for 3.2, but I enjoy the fact that it is getting frequent updates and attention from an active developer who's background IS aviation, not a software company who's interest in the title was strictly from a financial point of view.

Those 2 facts alone should motivate any simmer who's passion is the simulation of aviation (not a gamer (as it were) who's looking to fly a 747 under the Golden Gate inverted) to invest in the platform and see where Lockheed takes it.  :smile:

I'm also currently in FSX:SE with Steve's DX Fixer and I have to give credit to Dovetail and Steve for making FSX the best I feel it can ever get.  They have done an admirable job working with what they were given and until I can justify paying for planes in P3d I already have in FSX, I'll have it on my computer and fly in it when I have the urge to fly those models until P3d hits 64 bit. 

If I were starting from scratch or a new simmer, I'd not even look to FSX as my starting sim, and invest in P3d from the start....of course a new simmer should wait to invest heavily in ANY platform until we see what the new DT offering will bring.  Overall an exciting time to be a simmer.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

It is the current gold standard of desktop flight simulators. The best thing about it is that they've modernized the graphics engine to take advantage of modern hardware. The bad and ugly is that they haven't upgraded much of the graphics textures, landclass system, airport and nav data, so the sim, despite HDR lighting and shadows, doesn't look much different from FSX. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Simple update.  Updated FSUIPC, FSDT.  Don't use tile-based addons, only photoreal scenery so no issues waiting for updates.  Best fix - fixing the aircraft lighting.  Worst fix - adding back in "FSX" waves.  Already back up and flying!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Massive leap forward and it doesn't even come at a cost, FPS for me is better with P3D than FSX. There is still work to be done and thankfully they are doing just that! :hi:

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming. I will post a link to this topic in my review so everyone who is considering P3D can see what others think about it.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

It's the only reason I returned to Flight Simulation ... impressive growth and the largest development team currently working on a flight simulation platform available to the public.

Cheers, Rob.

It took me a long time to 100% make the jump to P3D, but I am there now. It still has its issues, but as of 3.2 it's the best civilian flight sim going. I would love to see them make the move to a more modern atmospheric rendering system (like Raleigh scattering) such as we get in DCS 2.0 and physically based rendering would do wonders as well.

I got a refund, simply could not live with the poor AA around my airports, the seemingly ever decreasing radius of LOD detail and the shocking performance in clouds.

I also wasted £430 on a GTX980 in an effort to get reasonable AA and performance.

Apart from the cloud shadows V3 really did not provide anything that I do not already have in FSX/DX10, water and clouds certainly looked worse in V3.

The last version that I enjoyed was 2.3 and it seems that since then for every aspect they improve something else suffers.