Sign in to follow this  
captainseb

turn off taxi light before turning on landing light (and vice versa)

Hi all, is there a way to configure FS2CREW for the PMDG 777 to turn off taxi light before turning on landing lights (and vice versa), as well as keeping the taxi light off for takeoff, approach and landing?

I've looked through the forums and manual but have been unable to find it.

The virtual airline I fly for has a policy of never using the taxi light and landing light at the same time, and deducts points from my overall flight score when I use FS2CREW as it will turn the taxi light on at several occasions, including runway entry procedure, takeoff, as well as on approach.

If this isn't already included in the FS2CREW, it would be my number one wish if you could include it in the next update.  :smile:

Hi all, is there a way to configure FS2CREW for the PMDG 777 to turn off taxi light before turning on landing lights (and vice versa), as well as keeping the taxi light off for takeoff, approach and landing?

I've looked through the forums and manual but have been unable to find it.

The virtual airline I fly for has a policy of never using the taxi light and landing light at the same time, and deducts points from my overall flight score when I use FS2CREW as it will turn the taxi light on at several occasions, including runway entry procedure, takeoff, as well as on approach.

If this isn't already included in the FS2CREW, it would be my number one wish if you could include it in the next update.  :smile:

What's the name of your VA?  Why would they deduct points for that?

HI Byork, Im flying for KLM - royaldutchvirtual.com...  They have a points system built in to the ACARS, and it adds or subtracts points for following company SOP's. Using the taxi light with the landing light is against their SOP, so it deducts 5 points per instance, thus preventing me from scoring 100%.

As an update: I just got the FS2CREW for the PMDG 737NGX, and with SOP 1 it all works beautifully (not tried the other SOP's on it yet).

Yeah,  believe it is KLM's SOP to do it that way, probably with the reasoning that there is no point in having the taxi lights on as the landing lights are so much stronger.

As an update: I just got the FS2CREW for the PMDG 737NGX, and with SOP 1 it all works beautifully (not tried the other SOP's on it yet).

How did you get it to work like that? Cause I still have to do it manually and sometimes even forget it.

Victor Roos

This is a very weird SOP. One would think the more lights the merrier when looking at a safety standpoint.

Looking at Youtube this seems not be always the case. For example in the following video the 747s land with taxi light off, but the 777s have it clearly on (eg 8:58).

I would like to know as well why you would do that,

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

This is absolutely not the real life SOP of KLM! I assume it's some sort of limitation in their ACARS tool. Seen that before at other VA's where because of limitations to detect something properly they had to divert from real world ops.

Update: It is indeed a limitation in the way FSX communicates with ACARS, and RDV is working on a new ACARS system that will resolve the issue.