Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

P3D v3.2 Settings

Sure but exactly what settings are you interested in?

Your different graphical/scenery sliders, etc

I'm using a 48" curved Samsung screen (TV) and IMO that is one of the best investments I did in a long time for my flight simming experience.

First of all I'm not messing around with any SGSS or other AA techniques anymore and still find the IQ perfectly fine. Then the size of the screen in combination with the curved design really makes it feel like I'm actually in the v/c in a way I never experienced before. I have the TV at approx 3 feet distance and using a single 980Ti.

Couldn't be more happy with my display setup!

Excellent--Max, what resolution?  I was wondering about 3440x1440 on the 34" Samsung curved display and what that would do for panel stretch etc.  I'm not interested in the larger screen for starters I don't have the room for it even the 34" will be tight.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

You guys seem to be more informed than even my Google'foo, so question. Will 2x GTX 670 w/2Gb VRAM be enough for 4k or would I need another card? When I built this rig, flight sims were definitely not in my mind. It was built for FPS games, mainly CSGO. I have a 60Hz LG monitor and a 144Hz Asus. I was thinking of going 4k for P3D, but then I'd have to spend a ton on a new GPU + the monitor. :(

...average use for me  GTX980TI uses 2.5Gb of graphics RAM with   1x 4K 40"  and 2x 24" at 1920

...as I understand it,  SLI'd cards don't share their RAM...

EDIT:  Just noticed the RAM go over 3.2Gb

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Anyone here have a good idea of what impact on frame rate or other aspects of performance going from 1920x1200 to 3440x1440?  I understand you need more GDDR for higher resolution but I have always assumed the CPU does something to prep the GPU on what it's needing to output to the display, so intuitively this makes me wonder about this.  I have ample GDDR for this 2x increase in resolution over my current 1920x1200 screen.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Excellent--Max, what resolution?  I was wondering about 3440x1440 on the 34" Samsung curved display and what that would do for panel stretch etc.  I'm not interested in the larger screen for starters I don't have the room for it even the 34" will be tight.

3840x2160

Your different graphical/scenery sliders, etc

Display%20Graphics.JPG

Display%20Lighting.JPG

Display%20Scenery.JPG

Display%20Traffic.JPG

Richard Åsberg

You guys seem to be more informed than even my Google'foo, so question. Will 2x GTX 670 w/2Gb VRAM be enough for 4k or would I need another card?

I've used upto 5.1GB VRAM at places like DD's New York see video VRAM usage:

see the 12:50 min mark (upper left corner for GPU VRAM usage)

So if you plan to do 4K and want to run extreme scenery and settings, then I'd recommend a GPU with 6GB VRAM.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow...  cracking video!   What power in your system....   what CPU are you running?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I've used upto 5.1GB VRAM at places like DD's New York see video VRAM usage:

see the 12:50 min mark (upper left corner for GPU VRAM usage)

So if you plan to do 4K and want to run extreme scenery and settings, then I'd recommend a GPU with 6GB VRAM.

Cheers, Rob.

Well, seeing this makes me realize how much I'm missing out on lol. I went from FSX to P3D and thought I was getting some slick graphics. That video puts what I normally see to shame lol

what CPU are you running?

5960X - Titan X

Haven't tried DD New York in V3.2 yet, should be able to turn up another setting or two.

Cheers, Rob.

The 6gb VRAM GPUs are a bit out of the budget range. I have money set aside for a new GPU, but not $900 lol

I have money set aside for a new GPU, but not $900

980Ti (6GB) is $650 US ... you will only see 5.1GB VRAM in extreme situations like DD NewYork and high graphics settings ... most "normal" usage will be under 4GB VRAM.

Cheers, Rob. 

980Ti (6GB) is $650 US ... you will only see 5.1GB VRAM in extreme situations like DD NewYork and high graphics settings ... most "normal" usage will be under 4GB VRAM.

Cheers, Rob. 

Just saw that on Newegg. Not sure where I looked a couple months ago and saw them for $900. I'm thinking about just holding out for the Pascal cards.

@WebMaximus

Thank you for posting those..

Can you tell me some scenarios & the FPS experience you commonly have with those settings?