Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX4 Hotfix for 3.2 coming

Not quite true! - they get sunshine once or twice a year. You could get that on those days!!

:smile:

Vic

that's it..sunshine as much as twice a year..i'm off to book a ticket :smile:

steve

Hmmm, I am unpatiently waiting for the hotfix...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Me too.. those fluffy p3d clouds are so immersion breaking.

Anyway it's all quiet on rex forum... unfortunately. :(

The hotfix is nearly done. We just need to test it. If you have not updated to the latest service packs they are on hold for now. Once the hotfix is issued you will need to install the service pack and the hotfix.

Hi Reed - do you know if there will be any full installers made available with both the service pack and hotfix rolled up in a single installer?  I ask because I'd rather not install the old packages with the SQL elements if a new one is available which would avoid that whole mess in the first place.

Looking forward to its release!

-Greg

• Upvote 1

Hot damn they're good.

(Nice move removing the SQL local db stuff Reed, all seems to work slickly under win 10 now! :) )

Glad to hear.  It was a beast to remove - but glad we can reach those who were having issues.  

Hmmm, I am unpatiently waiting for the hotfix...

We are issuing the Hotfix to the beta team later today for REX 4 Texture Direct, Texture Direct with Soft Clouds, and Soft Clouds.   We will be issuing a Hotfix for Weather Architect soon afterwards.

Hi Reed - do you know if there will be any full installers made available with both the service pack and hotfix rolled up in a single installer?  I ask because I'd rather not install the old packages with the SQL elements if a new one is available which would avoid that whole mess in the first place.

Looking forward to its release!

-Greg

You should be able to get the full version w/o the SQL elements from the vendor you purchased from.  At least all of them have told me they have them uploaded now.   The hotfix will be a patch only for now.  Eventually, we will get a new full build to the vendors. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Actually, how can I backup the REX4 TD themes? Whenever there is a SP update, I have to create new ones. All themes and settings are deleted. There appears only a Share Button. But no export / import. ASN for example keeps the settings upon update, which should the way to go.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You should be able to get the full version w/o the SQL elements from the vendor you purchased from. At least all of them have told me they have them uploaded now. The hotfix will be a patch only for now. Eventually, we will get a new full build to the vendors.

Thanks!

Actually, how can I backup the REX4 TD themes? Whenever there is a SP update, I have to create new ones. All themes and settings are deleted. There appears only a Share Button. But no export / import. ASN for example keeps the settings upon update, which should the way to go.

Hi Chris,

Actually we do have this feature built-in. You may reference this within the REX user manual page 23, however, below I have included the text from that page:

The bottom Restore button allows you the ability to restore the local texture theme database. The purpose of this process is to prevent you from losing your saved texture themes, in case of a re-installation of Texture Direct!

Steps to restoring the texture theme database:

1. Select Restore to restore the backup of the texture theme data.
2. Select OK.
3. On successfully updating, select OK to continue.

To be clear here, we are talking about the bottom most RESTORE button within the CONFIGURATION SETTINGS screen.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I love them all, the developers which complete our sim, what would it look like without them. However, I will never understand why it is not possible to liaise with LM (and vice versa) before a new version is released. Being not a coder I may underestimate the efforts it takes to update. And on a note to REX, just open the Beta to all who want to participate, after all 'll take the risk not you, or?

Hans

Thanks to REX and Reed for the heads up.

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Edit.... I get it. The Beta guys need the code to be able to test it. I shall wait patiently for the release lol. Had a nice shot of the sun going down behind the Rockies earlier that was ruined by these goofy looking puffy clouds :|

Probably me being completely noob to flight sim add-ons, but I got a screen that says press OK to update, but then it tells me I don't have permission....

YiUPN0G.png

However, I will never understand why it is not possible to liaise with LM (and vice versa) before a new version is released.

Short answer...LM is a defense contractor, and us civilians are not its primary customer.  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Longer answer, they do liase.

However many dev's like Orbx & ASN use hooks to access the internals of the program at a specific point. The address of that point is usually not known until the final release build. Only then can the dev's adjust their code and test it.

Many of these dev's are on the beta team but that doesn't really help until they see the release version.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors