Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX4 Hotfix for 3.2 coming

Edit.... I get it. The Beta guys need the code to be able to test it. I shall wait patiently for the release lol. Had a nice shot of the sun going down behind the Rockies earlier that was ruined by these goofy looking puffy clouds :|

Probably me being completely noob to flight sim add-ons, but I got a screen that says press OK to update, but then it tells me I don't have permission....

You are correct actually a good way to stop any installs also - hang in there

Rich Sennett

The bottom Restore button allows you the ability to restore the local texture theme database. The purpose of this process is to prevent you from losing your saved texture themes, in case of a re-installation of Texture Direct!

Hi Tim, Thank you. Somehow I have overlooked this feature. I will try it with the next update.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

So I installed rex soft clouds before I knew about this issue and Ive lost all my low level clouds. so in the meantime while the fix is being sorted, how can I get my clouds back? ive tried restoring original textures in rex but nothing still....

So I installed rex soft clouds before I knew about this issue and Ive lost all my low level clouds. so in the meantime while the fix is being sorted, how can I get my clouds back? ive tried restoring original textures in rex but nothing still....

You need to delete your shaders folder, then they will be recreated again with the default clouds.

Anyway, is there any delay with the hotfix? REX said it would have been ready yesterday.. but there's no sign of it, is it imminent? Is there any way to obtain one of those beta codes to install it?

Anyway, is there any delay with the hotfix?

He said that the hotfix was going to be provided to the beta team yesterday, not a public release. I'd rather they take their time in making sure the fix does indeed fix things rather than release it to the public premature which will land us all back here in the near future looking for a fix for the hotfix.

He said that the hotfix was going to be provided to the beta team yesterday, not a public release. I'd rather they take their time in making sure the fix does indeed fix things rather than release it to the public premature which will land us all back here in the near future looking for a fix for the hotfix.

I understand the needs of NOT releasing a not tested product to the generic public, in fact they should give a beta test code to those who asks to have it, accepting the risk of screwing their P3D installations, they will help to test the product and will do it for free... and everyone will be happy.

I understand the needs of NOT releasing a not tested product to the generic public, in fact they should give a beta test code to those who asks to have it, accepting the risk of screwing their P3D installations, they will help to test the product and will do it for free... and everyone will be happy.

Hotfix out for beta testers now how long does it take for non beta testers . Shame cant take the same approach as ASN who offer the beta generally.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Hotfix out for beta testers now how long does it take for non beta testers . Shame cant take the same approach as ASN who offer the beta generally.

Hi Guys - ASN will not break your P3D install on the other hand a program like REX could and I dont think you would be happy if it did - thats why I think your wishes would be a problem

Rich Sennett

To be honest REX already break the installation (no middle/low clouds) ... :)

So now it's a matter of release the beta with the risk of break what's is already broken ... and those who have asked for it, will accept the (possible) consequences anyway, so I don't see any reason to not release the beta codes to those who are asking to have them.

Devin, good point. I often forget because I don't buy that many other products from them :-)

Vic, interesting about the hooking. It all boils down to timing then I suppose which could be better. 

Anyway, we are waiting patiently, more or less.

Hans

Tried it but install fails on default settings.

Seems that it doesn't work for me because I did not have the bundle of TD and SoftClouds.

Hans

That's the link I got for Texture Direct + Soft Cloud bundle.

Where did you get this exe - I am on beta team and the update is not completed 

Rich Sennett

Doesn't make it okay for you to do what you did.