Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX4 Hotfix for 3.2 coming

I think you didn't got it.. their workers (or beta testers or a person that works for them) shared the OFFICIAL link of the files 

Who is this he guy - not making any sense and official server ? you said you got it from someone on twitch

Rich Sennett

If you are asking that question it's a waste of my time to answer it. That's okay, because the moderators here are aware of what you did. They don't like that sort of thing here...

tsch, now the rest if us have to wait longer while the leak is determined..

Why anyone on a beta team would disclose confidential info to the wider community is beyond me, the whole point of testing is surely to enable the release of a functioning and stable RC. :(

Why any mature responsible member of our community would use such information, and even less post openly that they had done so astounds me.. :(

Dishing out links to beta-fixes that arent properly tested is bad form, hope REX find the culprit and deal with them accordingly...

Npole - wouldn't touch you with a bargepole mate....

All links for beta testing have been deleted.   This is unacceptable.

Quite right Reed, hope you find the source..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think that he meant that it was hosted on an official server and the link was shared on twitch. I was watching the same broadcast and saw it posted but, naturally, my instinct told me not to download it.  :Shame On You:

I have never been on twitch nor know anything about it so not sure how all that works - whats got me worked up is someone has messed things up for all of us

No I didn't see a link on rex site but wasnt actually looking also

Rich Sennett

Sorry, but the slightest bit of common sense would have told you that sharing a link to a beta file on a public forum is not right.

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The way around this problem, and it will probably happen shortly, is to give each beta tester a different password. Once the password is out, they know exactly who the dummy is, and can get rid of him on their beta team. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For what reason? 80% of our addons are in beta. I'm using ASN beta and SPAD.next beta atm, and the link are both public available.

That is up to the people that are running the beta program. Some will decide to release  the beta to the public, and others will want to work on the beta, perhaps for months, like LM does, before releasing it as a finished program. Those rules are  spelled out to the people on the beta team when they join it. If you go against what the team rules are, in my opinion, you are a dirt bag, 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Where`s my popcorn....

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

Tell us some more about that password you got to start this whole debacle.

Why attack the guy like this? It's clear he didn't understand that it was a closed Beta that's NOT to be accessed by anyone other than the Beta team. Beta codes for games are shared all the time on the internet. Guy just got excited because he thought it was open to everyone with the code, like a lot of software. Not his fault a Beta team member was posting the link and code in public and making it seem it was open.

:t0152:

• Upvote 1

I'll respectfully disagree with that. He knew exactly what he was doing based on how he is defending his actions.

• Upvote 1

Ignorance is no excuse, 99.99 % of this community knows whats right and whats not, regardless of circumstances.

tpewpb-6.png

Early in this thread you whined about the fact that it was a closed beta, and as fast as you could get your hands on a link you took it upon yourself to make it an open beta which was obviously not what the owner of the code wanted.

That said, I'm out.

No comment - this one is done.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors