Sign in to follow this  
cbrdriver

Block altitudes

RAVNN6 arrival into KBWI has me crossing WALKN intersection below 17000' and above 15000'.

I know that this is an integral part of the arrival, and the obvious answer would be to just use the arrival but. . .

Is there a way to input that altitude block through the CDU?

Thanks

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

This and many other possibilities are in the FCOM (11.21.31).  Your example would be entered as 15000A17000B (memory hint, the order needs to be A then B .  Not as often used but still useful: You may also assign at or below to the speed in the NGX (but not the 777). Some departures may have a constraint that is AT OR BELOW 230 and the navdata will have a hard 230 kts at that point (because the same data is used in all PMDG products).  Easy to change it to 230B/ and it will make a difference in some cases.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Dan.

As i spent time in the FCOM, i had no idea how to term a search, and became frustrated after reading then re reading for about two days.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Thanks, Dan.

As i spent time in the FCOM, i had no idea how to term a search, and became frustrated after reading then re reading for about two days.

I know what you mean.  It's taken many hundreds of trips to the FCOM to become a little familiar with it... I knew that there is a section in the nav systems / FMS on manual entry of waypoints and scanned that section.  Just keep trying, John, even pick a section to read on those long trips and eventually you'll become used to where things are.  Of course Ctrl+F for search is very important but there are some things for which a search key word is not obvious.  Gotta keep using it, and the forum for those that have traveled ahead of you.

Dan Downs KCRP

If it's coded on the STAR, it should already be on the legs page.

Matt Cee

If it's coded on the STAR, it should already be on the legs page.

Off the top of my head, WINDY arrival into ORD does not have many of the alt restraints - David Lee

Off the top of my head, WINDY arrival into ORD does not have many of the alt restraints - David Lee

The WYNDE altitudes are all "expect," and thus not hard set in the data. Regardless, the STAR in question is the RAVNN6, which is a profile STAR with altitudes.

Kyle Rodgers

The WYNDE7 has a few EXPECTs and those are not coded.

Matt Cee

Just looked at WYNDE7 and i see what you're saying.

When I'm flying without ATC i will usually use the EXPECTs as hard altitudes. Most of the ones on WYNDE are pretty simple to plug, it was the Above 13000 and Below 17000 that i was having a problem with.

Thanks

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB