Sign in to follow this  
irrics

Night Lighting - Taburet or Night Environment?

Hi - Could anyone give me some up to date insights on why I might choose Taburet vs Night Environment to spruce up my night flying on P3D v3.2?

I see lots of commentary and videos about how nice NE is, but Taburet seems to have far far more coverage available.

That aside, say you were choosing a region that is covered by both.

Does anyone have any comments either way on why/what they prefer?

Thank you in advance for anything you care to share!

Very simple : if NE has the country you want choose that.

If it isn't available check the NE forum for their roadmap of developments.

If your country is not available and won't be for quiet some time or not at all , choose another option...

Taburet nightlighting is not bad at all , but no match for NE .

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Night Environment all the way. It transforms night flying completely. I just posted this shot in another thread:

2016-3-9_18-29-59-275_zps1knamcmz.png

I think that speaks for itself!

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

NE, far more realistic!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

@Stufer: Have you used Taburet?

Hi irrics, no I've never used it so can't compare between the two. I was just using OrbX's night lighting which I think is very good at low level but as you get higher you can't see it further out. NE was the perfect solution for me - at least in the areas I fly in mostly: Western Europe.

Stuart Furley

Appreciating the comments from all...

Would likely go NE in a heartbeat, but I mainly fly Western USA and all they have here is California.  :-(

Would likely go NE in a heartbeat, but I mainly fly Western USA and all they have here is California.  :-(

This is exactly my problem as well.  It's an interesting product but there just isn't enough coverage in the US for me to take it seriously.  I've been watching for a little while now and they just don't seem to be making any progress on US coverage.  If they were releasing steady updates then I might feel differently.  But at the rate they're going I feel like it could be years before they have full coverage for the US.

I was very patient while MSE rolled out new states because they were very consistent and reliable with new updates every few weeks.  I would love to know what to expect from NE in terms of US coverage but since I don't I'm probably going to go ahead and buy the entire lot from Taburet.

Neal

I would love to know what to expect from NE in terms of US coverage but since I don't I'm probably going to go ahead and buy the entire lot from Taburet.

Right there with you Neal

Going to buy & try the Taburet for Washington State (and surrounding states) tonight.

Ultimately, availability matters and the progress on NE has been suuuuuper slow on the USA regions (based upon the different forums I've looked at anyways)

Right there with you Neal

Going to buy & try the Taburet for Washington State (and surrounding states) tonight.

Ultimately, availability matters and the progress on NE has been suuuuuper slow on the USA regions (based upon the different forums I've looked at anyways)

Might want to just wait a short time and see what turns up..../

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just tried my first night lights, Taburet 3D for California and Nevada. Big improvement over the dull stock ORBX lights but can't compare to NE for the same area. Comparison shots of someone having both would be appreciated..

Hans

Might want to just wait a short time and see what turns up..../

Are you hinting at something coming down the pipe?

or ?

as was sugested above :wink:
little patience guys we didn’t forget, disappeared, or going anywhere anytime soon

as was sugested above :wink:

little patience guys we didn’t forget, disappeared, or going anywhere anytime soon

Thanks for the response Chris.

Not to press you, but is there a timeline along the lines of "Continental USA covered by end of 2016"? or something?

At some point, "patience" can just be too far in the future unfortunately, obviously..

i cannot disclose much of that information at this point in time,
i can though assure you NA will be fully covered with NE's sparkling lights long before end of 2016 :hi:

i know what you mean with patience; every little issue that came up over time is being addressed,
it does takes time to go around and for things to materialize,

in a way patience and loyalty goes both ways,
it is a learning curve for everyone involved; our customers supporting our work; our publisher and our dev team,
we do our best to always put our customer needs first; we cared throughout the past two years to each customer personally if needed,
we carried over all our original customers to each updated version of our work; or any platforms updates;
including supporting new platforms and sims along the way without a single extra charges what so ever,