Sign in to follow this  
irrics

Night Lighting - Taburet or Night Environment?

Hello to everybody.I have several products NE,mainly Western Europe.

Flights to my move to the US, so definitely get one NE Florida and more ... :wink: It's worth waiting on other areas that are in development ....

Support from the NE works great .... If a problem is to solve it very quickly .. That you as a customer very much appreciate ...

qmOx.png

Excuse my english.

• Upvote 1

high resolution photoreal scenery is nice during daytime but is bad at night (talking about the megascenery stuff here).  am i correct to understand that night environment addon will render correctly over the photoreal stuff and look really nice?

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

high resolution photoreal scenery is nice during daytime but is bad at night (talking about the megascenery stuff here).  am i correct to understand that night environment addon will render correctly over the photoreal stuff and look really nice?

yes it would

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Another troop singing the Night Environment song. Tried Taburet and for my taste and system, Night Environment wins by a mile. They're slower than the competitor but I'm fine with that seeing as I fly mainly in Europe and Asia and they haven't yet covered an extensive amount so perfectly okay waiting for them to get to it. Can't beat the support either.

• Upvote 1

high resolution photoreal scenery is nice during daytime but is bad at night (talking about the megascenery stuff here). am i correct to understand that night environment addon will render correctly over the photoreal stuff and look really nice?

Thank you Manny :smile:

Night Environment is by design made to seamlessly give any daytime Photoreal a perfect night layer with our hand crafted Photoreal Night textures,

that is a statewide full Photoreal nightmap layer we include with every Night Environment region on top of our 3D lights! the layer matches our 3D lights above 100%

the combined visuals is our unique signature you will find very distinctive in work many have try to replicate our night visuals,

there are no shortcuts to get the perfect visuals as Night Environment presents; unfortunately that’s not an easy task,

as you imagined rendering day or night Photoreal is very much the same process wise,

we insist on doing it right with no shortcuts; even if it takes bit longer,

so each title is always the same, you can expect connecting states to blend seamlessly and always have consistent night visuals across all titles

we answer and explain further about Night Environment and what makes us different than the rest here

http://forums.nightenvironment.com/forum/5-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

many have dares and compared real world night shoots with our work and were stunned to find the similarities between what they see with Night Environment vs real life visuals

Are you hinting at something coming down the pipe?

or ?

Well it was more ? than pipe, meant that theres a lot of movement in the sim world what with DTG new offerings (they are supposed to be releasing details of new sim scenery this week) and RobA saying P3D 64 bit is quite close, plus both NE and Taburet have quite an extensive list of products already so it isnt surprising that either of them have things on development.
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

dont get peaple confused Kevin,

all i said was we are working on NA covrage to be coming out soon!

I am interested in trying NE out (P3Dv3.2) by buying Denmark and Sweden but are they only version 1.0 from simmarket ?

Should i wait then or buy Germany instead?

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hii Michael, it’s really up to you there,
all v1.0 will work as well in P3D,

if you secure your v1.0 regions now; they will eventually be updated to v1.71 at current v1.0 price :smile:
you will get a new installer then and will be able to have these included in NEXM with all the rest

if you secure your v1.0 regions now; they will eventually be updated to v1.71 at current v1.0 price :smile:

you will get a new installer then and will be able to have these included in NEXM with all the rest

Then is just a bit more tricky to install i guess than version 1.71? 

Well i might just jump on board but i noticed that no one is mentioning VAS and FPS impact ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

it’s a bit cluckier id say; easy to setup both though,

in v1.0 the installer doesn’t know of P3D v3 existence;

so we have to point it manually then add scenery folders to scenery manager manually,

that’s pretty much the extent of the manual work need to install out v1.0 into 3.2,

v1.0 also doesn’t have NEXM yet; the region in its v1.7 format and up will,

dont get peaple confused Kevin,

all i said was we are working on NA covrage to be coming out soon!

:sad: aww Chris, I'm always looking and hoping for the next best thing you know that. Some day I will read that you're releasing NEUK v2 so I can appreciate the NE France experience over home soil...or are you waiting to see the referendum result before deciding to do that or not? :P

Then is just a bit more tricky to install i guess than version 1.71? 

Well i might just jump on board but i noticed that no one is mentioning VAS and FPS impact ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael, I fly NE UK and France and I have not noticed any appreciable impact on either VAS or FPS on my system. I haven't OOMed for every and a day now and performance is good enough that I don't ever worry about it at night anymore. Just my 2 cents...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi guys, 

Let me join the party. 

I own few NE products, let me try to tell you why i choose NE from other products.

First off i fly jets which means 90% of the flight done above FL300. This is where Chirs's NE comes into play. There is this thing called "Nightmap", which is the best for me since i can now see all the roads and cities below just as in real life. Once you getting close to approach you will start notice all the 3D lights. Unlike other products, NE got a set of different colors of light and not just white like Taburet. I admit, Taburet looks very nice but not much for high flyers as the lights loads are jumping in as batches in the distance.

I think that the best thing in all this is Chris support. you can send him a personal message and he will replay you kindly withing minutes most of the times. Anyway for me NE works best. No FPS toll at all. 

One thing better with Taburet is the big coverage of Europe. But iam sure its just a matter of time till we see NE all over Europe. 

P.S 

I am not related to Chris in any way. I pay full price for my products. Just want to share my view. 

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

OMG Chris  :wink:

Just captured the Germany 1.7 pack from Simmarket as i did not want to go into that 1.0 road and guess what ?

I unzipped the 3.5GB folder to my 128GB SSD Windows 10 drive which was saying it had around 45GB remaining. Normally i will not unfold it on my SSD but a beer or so and a mouse click made it happen. :Tounge:

BOOTMGR failed or something , so i tried to do some stuff but i am now on a 21.February 2016 re image building for my first time with Windows 10 so thank you very much ha ha  :wink:

Had to rebuild my Project Cars and GTA5 (i now i  am a little old for that) drives as well

No harm what so ever in this message

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thank you for trying us out Michael,

if you run into any issues or need help setting up; our dedicated support forums can be found in my signature,

you will find all the files you may need or questions you may have answered; in case you don’t I’m always there too :smile: