Sign in to follow this  
refinishers8

Chart Hi and Lo not available

I am porting from FSX Box to FSX Steam. I was using P2A v1 not a lot so i am still a newbee. I upgraded to P2A v2 it was working fine and is a grate upgrade I really want to learn it now. i downloaded your KDFW to KLGA video for P2A put it on one monitor and loaded P2A v2 on my main monitor and did a watch and do. everything worked great and I learned a lot, great way to learn new software, thank you.

The next day I tried to use what I had learned. i tried to make a flp from KWHP to KMRY. I set the two way-points but when I clicked on Hi the map displayed a checkerboard of error 404 messages. I tried Lo and had the same result. SAT, Chr and the rest all work but this is s problem. P2A ran smooth  One day but not the next. Do I need to uninstall P2A v1 or was your server down 3/9/2016 this would make the best seance. also P2A v2 is not getting or saving my Call sine HV-DLL. Please advise as to what is going on. Thank You

No need to uninstall V1.  There is no interaction between the two programs as long as you installed to separate directories.

The maps are mostly served from public map web sites like Open Street Map and BING.  The 404 error happens when either that web site is down, or more often than not, when your internet is either down briefly or very slow and it times out waiting for the map.  All you can do is use a different map until the one you want comes back.

I checked this morning, and I get the Hi/Lo enroute maps right now.

Regards,

Dave

I lost them for about 36hrs and they are now OK. 

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thursday 1pm rocky mountain time  still get 404 error. looks like map comes up but then blue checkerboard 404 errors .  in config I entered call sign HV-DLL. the config remembers this but dose not show in Call sign main  panel just blank. PTT was set to stick button but now not working and I cannot assign it again. David-Piolt2ATC please advise Thank you 

The maps I cannot do anything about.  That is an internet issue as explained above.  As Clive mentioned, they usually come back, although mine are working right now in the US, so it could be something wrong with your internet connection.

Take the "-" out of your call sign/ tail number.  I assume you also have an aircraft manufacturer name in that box, like Cessna or Beech.  Both are required.

You should be able to assign the PTT button any time the joystick is plugged in and can be selected in the dropdown list on the first Config tab.  Just select the device and  then press the button on the joystick.  It should show a number in the Button Number text box.  Then close the Config window.  Further keystrokes with the window open could mess up the assignment.

Let us know how you do.

Dave

Thank you for your fast response. that is important to me. I get pretty fast downloads so i watch netflix over the net but i will check into it. did all with the PTT but no action I will try again and let you know. I will also check the call sign. I have a dicent rig with over a thousand $ of ORBX onboard plus other stuff mostly GA don't like Heavy Metal to easy to fly. the reason I say this is that I think i can help with bugs ET. but I am a newbie to pilot2act. Thanks again and i will get back with results. 

Thank you Thank you all is well with P2ATC in the Rocky Mountains  PTT working call  sign working and the maps say honey I'm home. Now i know that I am living at 10,000 feet so the brain might not work so well but would you please help me with this problem. I use flight1 gtn750 and it can save flight plans as yet i don't know how to retrieve them once they are saved. i don't think even God knows but i am working on that any help would be greatly  appreciated. the idea is to create a flight plan in P2ATC and load them into the gtn750. I have saved a flight plan in P2ATC in the right format for FSX but I can't even load them in to FSX flight planer. I load the flight plan in the flight planer in FSX but nothing happens. what am i doing wrong? Please advise Thank you. 

I just finished a marathon debugging session and think I have the P2A export for .pln files fixed.  It will be in the next update.  (200.9)  Check it out and let us know how it works.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks so much. Dave you are doing something very big for the flight community with your work . It just might be bigger than you think. P2A is not just a way to have vocals with ATC it is a big step forward in having  flight planing all in one package. It is bigger than anything on the market that I know of. Now as far as debugging all is well but I would like you to look at this a little different way. You have done so much  with the project so far. How ever there might way be a simple way to rise above any addon out there. Enough I need to sleep on this and will post to you tomorrow.  All the best.

Regards Roland ala Jason. I will tell you about this trivial bit of business later. and Thank you again for all you have done for me.