Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Lazing around the Leeward Islands

Nick,  Would you kindly take a look at TNCE, F. D. Roosevelt, please?  There's water all over the place where it shouldn't be and I can't seem to remedy it.  The runway is ok, but water is spreading up the hill alongside rwy 24 and elsewhere.

It looks like there's a conflict between ORBX Vector and TNCE around the airport.  Either just use default TNCE, or alternatively switch off ORBX Vector temporarily by unchecking the four Vector entries in the scenery library as below.  If you're using the Valladier sceneries these already include the vector component of the scenery so it's not giving any benefit for this route anyway.  I suggest Vector users choose between these two options, but don't have both active or you'll see a lot more water than there should be around TNCE.

Vector%20OFF.jpg?dl=0

Thanks, Nick.  I'll turn off Vector and look at the results--probably better than the default airport, so it's worth turning off Vector for this trip.  After tomorrow's jaunt, I'd like to pick up that FlyTampa package you mentioned.  Off hand, do you know where I can locate a vendor?  PCAviator doesn't seem to list it.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stew . I think the best value around is to buy direct from the developer . It`s showing as $31.00 from Fly Tampa for the complete St Maarten Package    http://www.flytampa.org/order_tncm.html  . 

Or also looking around a potential good freeware St Maarten Package ( incl SABA and St Barts is available here    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/22425/fsx-st-maarten-scenery-package/        Looks like it may be worth a look first 

Regards Bry

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

A much better rendering of TNCE with vector switched off.  One can see the windmills off to the left of rwy 24 now.  Lest folks think I'm landing at these places, I am not.  I'll be as ill prepared as the rest of y'all come tomorrow.  :Sick:

I'll take that as a positive recommendation, Ron.  I'm looking to pick up their Toronto airport as well, sort of a starting point for flying eastern Canada and the US.

Stew

Lest folks think I'm landing at these places, I am not. I'll be as ill prepared as the rest of y'all come tomorrow. :Sick:

It wouldn't come amiss, nor would it be frowned upon, indeed, it would be advisable, to have a practice landing or two at SABA!

But only Saba. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just landed at SABA in the RV7... looks lovely with the FlyTampa scenery   :smile:  

Bert

I'll take your advice then, Ron.  :Nail Biting:

So if we install the FlyTampa scenery, we should disable the freeware St. Barth's and Saba, correct?

Stew

In my case, I had to disable my freeware scenery or I got conflicts..

Bert

It wouldn't come amiss, nor would it be frowned upon, indeed, it would be advisable, to have a practice landing or two at SABA!

I haven't done any practice landings at Saba yet.  But I've had plenty of practice go-arounds.... :Doh:

I'll take your advice then, Ron.  :Nail Biting:

So if we install the FlyTampa scenery, we should disable the freeware St. Barth's and Saba, correct?

Yes that's right, if you install the FlyTampa St Maarten Complete version it covers all three islands (St Maarten, Saba, St Barts), so the freeware won't add anything (apart from conflicts) and should be disabled.

I have  the Fly Tampa scenery and loaded up the freeware mesh LOD10 mesh, looks real nice!!!!

I haven't done any practice landings at Saba yet.  But I've had plenty of practice go-arounds.... :Doh:

Yes that's right, if you install the FlyTampa St Maarten Complete version it covers all three islands (St Maarten, Saba, St Barts), so the freeware won't add anything (apart from conflicts) and should be disabled.

Done and ready for the adventure!  :Whistle:

I have  the Fly Tampa scenery and loaded up the freeware mesh LOD10 mesh, looks real nice!!!!

Yes, it does, and worth the investment.

Stew

So you're all set to join us online eh? :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.