Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Cessna 172 capable at Tapini airport scenery?

I'm eyeing Orbx Tapini scenery but have the A2A Cessna 172 not any of their other airplanes. Is the C172 capable of flying in and out of the small bush airports in the Orbx Tapini package? Sorry if this is a stupid question! I see the C182 does fly in real life for a missionary outfit but am not sure if the C172 is capable.

Not a stupid question at all.

Usually, it should be possible to land/take off from those bush strips.

Problem is when you need to abort landing and go around. In some cases, C172 just wouldn't have enough power to escape terrain.

In some of those strips, even more powerful airplanes are not able to go around beyond some point. I remember, that for a some airport I've seen a note of a point, behind which you should 'land or die' ...

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Well, some of these airports are 5000-7000 ft MSL, so the engine of the C172 will be choking for oxygen. Combined with these sloped runways and the added friction from the grass surface, I don't think if it's a good idea to take a C172 out there (if this were real life).

But since this is a simulator, you can test my hypothesis! :)

Well, some of these airports are 5000-7000 ft MSL, so the engine of the C172 will be choking for oxygen. Combined with these sloped runways and the added friction from the grass surface, I don't think if it's a good idea to take a C172 out there (if this were real life).

But since this is a simulator, you can test my hypothesis! :)

Totally agree. C172 is not powered enough.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What a Challenge - There are Lots of Old Pilots , and there are Lots of Bold Pilots , But there are Very Few Old Bold Pilots, Lets find out Who the Real Pilots are ! Don;t forget The Cessna 172 will RESPAWN !! - Johnman B)

The C172 is no powerhouse; but, considering the real world stats of a 3150 foot airfield elevation at Tapini and its 3000 foot runway, the aircraft will fly.