Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

P3DV3.1 and NVidia Inspector

So here is an interesting one. I open P3D, shut down FXAA and MSAA leaving only AS16X and texture 2048. Then open NI and set AA32X and AATSS 4XSGS and Override the application settings. Result: No application of any AA and the sim full of jagged lines. It is like NI has no effect. Can anyone replicate this?

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I think you should have your NI settings done BEFORE you run P3D. Also, keep in mind that for best result your should have your in-sim MSAA settings match NI SGSSA settings, i.e. 4xMSAA = 4xSGSAA, 

You cannot install/change NVI settings on the fly. You  make your changes before running P3d. Save & close NVI and then start P3D or the settings will not take.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Gentlemen, these are set before starting P3D.

The question is why is it not affecting P3D? and has anyone else had the same experience?

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Gentlemen, these are set before starting P3D.

The question is why is it not affecting P3D? and has anyone else had the same experience?

Shez

Did you apply the exe for P3D in NI menu ?

Rich Sennett

Did you apply the exe for P3D in NI menu ?

Yes it is in the list.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Have u ever tried reloading your default settings specified p3d.exe  through Nvidia control panel and then go onto inspector to set your settings again.

So here is an interesting one. I open P3D, shut down FXAA and MSAA leaving only AS16X and texture 2048. Then open NI and set AA32X and AATSS 4XSGS and Override the application settings. Result: No application of any AA and the sim full of jagged lines. It is like NI has no effect. Can anyone replicate this?

Shez

Yes, I tried 4x SGSS (enhances or override) in NI and 4x MSAA in P3D.

No difference.

Yes, I tried 4x SGSS (enhances or override) in NI and 4x MSAA in P3D.

No difference.

Pinco, So you are seeing the same thing?

Shez Ansari

Pinco, So you are seeing the same thing?

Yes, indeed I removed NI and put MSAA 8x in Prepar3D.

Unfortunately, there are shimmering of trees and flickering of the default buildings but, at least, are not uselessly affected the performance.

OK I have been experimenting again.

Confirmed NI has no effect on P3DV31 even after downloading again and removing previous version (both same versions). I assume there is no installer.

The NV Control panel has effect for FXAA, SGSS and DSR but no effect if only AA is changed.

All very strange, almost like P3DV3 has done away with simple AA adjustments like 8X etc.

Shez

Shez Ansari

I think you should have your NI settings done BEFORE you run P3D. Also, keep in mind that for best result your should have your in-sim MSAA settings match NI SGSSA settings, i.e. 4xMSAA = 4xSGSAA,

If someone would be kind enough to do a tutorial on this kind of thing that would be amazing. Most of us PC hacks have no clue about these subtle graphics applications. This would eliminate so many questions if we had a generic sense of what to set up and how, with periodic updates of subsequent P3D version. I appreciate this would cost someone some effort but it would be of huge benefit.

I have been around here for ages and I didn't know this.  I find the interplay bewtween in-sim and NI settings - and NI settings specifically, quite confusing.    FSX had a receipe to follow and it was the same each time.  But the goal posts seem to change with every new version of P3D.