Sign in to follow this  
paddler

unable to complete reinstallation

I have built a new computer, installed Win 10 and P3D V3.2. I have downloaded and installed OPUSFSI latest Beta but when I try to setup the OpusFSI Server Program I always get 

"System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "d" threw an exception. ....>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specific module could not be found. ...."

I thought maybe as this was probably and upgrade to FSI from Opus that I needed to reinstall Opus. So I downloaded it but get the same error when I try to open Opus.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

This is a standard error message and covered in our FAQs. It means you either don't have dotNet or SimConnect libraries installed. Which nowadays means you haven't installed SimConnect.

Use our SimConnect.msi to install SimConnect and all will be ok.

Stephen :-)

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I have read the FAQ and followed all of your instructions and still have the same error message when I try to run FSI. For clarification, SimConnect (several renditions) are on my P drive where P3D is installed. Also Microsoft.NET in several versions is installed on the C Drive. I am attempting to install OPUSFSI on the C drive.

I am not sure if I purchased an upgrade from OPUS FSX to OPUSFSI or the full OPUSFSI licence. In any case the download file unwraps and I install as per instructions but get the error message every time that I try to open the program.Any ideas?

Rick

It only means what I indicated before. You need dotnet 2 and SimConnect. Always install OpusFSI in its own root folder, e.g. C :\ OpusFSI. You must use our SimConnect.msi to install SimConnect on your system (p3d does not install SimConnect libraries), note there are older incompatible SimConnect versions so use the latest (our msi).

The error message, TypeInitialisationException, is completely standard and cannot be caused any other way.

Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks. I finally located the errant SimConnect MSI file and reloaded it. All perfect now. Appreciate your patience. It just took me a while to understand where it was located.

Rick