Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Issues with 737 & 777 in P3D v3.2

Once again I have to post in this forum due to the problem of a black screen when slecting any of the above.

Removed PMDG 737 & 777 from P3D v3.1 then uninstalled P3D. After rebooting etc, installed P3D v3.2  followed by all versions of simconnect from the redist folder then the above aircraft. All default aircraft work fine but when accessing the PMDG results in a black screen. Same thing happened when I went from v3 to v3.1 then the issue was resolved by installing the Simconnect versions which I had failed to do, this time though the problem remains and like before no window to enter the activation codes ever appeared when first accessing the aircraft. DLL.xml and exe.xml all correct.

At a loss what to do now. Any suggestions/advice would be most welcome.

Thanks and regards

You didn't have to remove PMDG products from v3.1 to update to v3.2. You only needed to remove P3Dv3.1 Client (and Contents for some) and install new Client (and Contents if applicable).  Regardless, you should expect to have to reenter activation codes unless you took the extra step of releasing the license.

I assume you are using the Scenario Set Up screen in P3D to load the PMDG product, you were not clear on that point.  Also, how long are you waiting to see if there is any action that follows the black screen, sometimes it will take a few extra moments for things to happen?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey guys,

Just my two cents here....

I updated my P3D to v3.2 yesterday and all is working perfectly. I never uninstalled anything. All I did was to download the new installer and run it as Administrator... The instructions says that uninstalling is optional. I tried it without uninstalling my v3.1 or any add-ons. It took about 5 minutes to install it and after that I tried a flight from KMIA to KDFW on the 737 and a return flight using the 777. I did not have any problems at all.

The only thing I had to do was to do a new install of the FSDT Addon Manager to update the BGLMANX.DLL file so my airports can work. So far I have not had any problems or issues with my 777 or 737 or airports.

Again... Just my two cents.

Thanks,

Pablo

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

I do always load the aircrafts via Scenario Screen. I did uninstall all PMDG aircraft and P3D v3.1. I've always assumed that if you uninstall the aircraft there should be no problem reinstalling them. All other aircraft including some payware installed fine and work flawlessly.

Have raised a ticket with PMDG and will await their response.

Regards

I've always assumed that if you uninstall the aircraft there should be no problem reinstalling them.

Actually reinstalling can cause more problems than it fixes.

I have  been saddened (but not surprised?) at how many appear to be trying to upgrade to P3Dv3.2 but not following the simple upgrade instructions by LM.  :Shame On You: 

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

+1

first read, install, then fly...

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I updated my P3D to v3.2 yesterday and all is working perfectly. I never uninstalled anything. All I did was to download the new installer and run it as Administrator...

Just to avoid further confusion: This is plain out wrong! As clearly stated in the instructions from LM you MUST uninstall the Prepar3d v3.1 client prior to installing the new Prepar3d v3.2 client. Otherwise you will have a crippled P3D installation. This has already been discussed various times when LM released the update from 3.0->3.1 last year and those who did not uninstall all ended up with broken P3D installation. So just do NOT install the new client without uninstalling the old one.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have always uninstalled correctly all versions of P3D. Just hoping PMDG can show me a way of sorting the problem without having to use my recovery image of the OS and reinstall and configure every thing all over again which can take quite a while!! :smile:

After rebooting etc, installed P3D v3.2  followed by all versions of simconnect from the redist folder

These were already on your system. Remember that these are the FSX SimConnect installers, and are not updated over the P3D releases. No need to reinstall them unless you wipe your entire system.

Also, keep in mind that, if you're updating per the Client-only update instructions, you're only changing the sim client and nothing else. The SimObjects folder is unaffected (that's kinda the point of the Client-only update, honestly). Uninstalling our aircraft was unnecessary.

I know this isn't helpful after the fact, but for future updates, keep it in mind.

I do always load the aircrafts via Scenario Screen

Can you explain, in detail, your sim loading process?

Kyle Rodgers

I never install the new versions of P3D by client, always a full clean install. When I did instal v3.2 I did not reinstall Simconnect and the 737 and 777 failed to load. So I then removed and reinstalled the simconnect versions (excluding russian and japanese versions) thinking perhaps it would solve the issue, but it didn't. As far as loading aircraft is concerned I start the sim and when in the create scenario interface I select the aircraft (in this case PMDG), select airport and time of day and proceed to load it. Have always done this ever since FS2002. I am aware that simconnect is not a P3D install but it is essential as I understand to be able to run PMDG aircraft. Looking forward to P3D or PMDG creating something to replace it, seeing that other software like ASN also requires it when operating in a networked environment.

Regards

So I then removed and reinstalled the simconnect versions (excluding russian and japanese versions) thinking perhaps it would solve the issue, but it didn't.

Which versions did you install, exactly?

Looking forward to P3D or PMDG creating something to replace it, seeing that other software like ASN also requires it when operating in a networked environment.

SimConnect is the function that allows other programs to look into and work with FSX and P3D. It doesn't need to be replaced. Over time, I think you'll see that people just use the SimConnect that gets installed when P3D is installed. That way, you won't have to run additional SimConnect installers.

Kyle Rodgers

As far as loading aircraft is concerned I start the sim and when in the create scenario interface I select the aircraft (in this case PMDG)

To be clear. Does this sim load immediately to this page, or is it loading with an aircraft on a runway first?

Kyle Rodgers

On my version of P3D (Academic) when it finishes loading it goes directly to the scenario interface, where the default aircraft is a fighter jet (can't remember which model), at this point I change to the 737, then select airport and time of day and load. And when all works fine it would place the aircraft at the gate I selected in the Airports interface page. Always have done this and never had any problems either in FSX or P3D.

Regards