Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Issues with 737 & 777 in P3D v3.2

On my version of P3D (Academic) when it finishes loading it goes directly to the scenario interface, where the default aircraft is a fighter jet (can't remember which model), at this point I change to the 737, then select airport and time of day and load. And when all works fine it would place the aircraft at the gate I selected in the Airports interface page. Always have done this and never had any problems either in FSX or P3D.

Just so you know:

Unless you (unnecessarily) returned the license before uninstalling v3.1 and installing 3.2, it will not prompt you to enter your license. That much is fine.

As far as the 'black screen' thing does - what exactly are you seeing?

Kyle Rodgers

I don't know what returning the licence means, have never done that as far as I know. I did a clean install of the OS and of P3Dv3.1 when it came out and installed the PMDG and also experienced

the black screen but after posting I was told I needed to install simconnect and that did solve the problem.

After selecting aircraft, scenery and time I see the bar showing the loading percentages, but as soon as it gets to the point of loading scenery I just get a totally black screen which doesn't change at all and doesn't let me close it, necessitating instead to kill the sim via the Task Manager. I will do a short video this evening UK time and post a link to it (assuming I am allowed to do so here). On the other hand I may just rebuild the PC and install everything from scratch seeing the weekend is upon us.

PS -  By the way when I select the aircraft I can see it in the display area of the scenario page.

Regards

After selecting aircraft, scenery and time I see the bar showing the loading percentages, but as soon as it gets to the point of loading scenery I just get a totally black screen which doesn't change at all and doesn't let me close it, necessitating instead to kill the sim via the Task Manager. I will do a short video this evening UK time and post a link to it (assuming I am allowed to do so here). On the other hand I may just rebuild the PC and install everything from scratch seeing the weekend is upon us.

Where are you attempting to load the aircraft?

If it's choking on the scenery loading, that's a good indication that it isn't an issue with our aircraft directly.

Kyle Rodgers

Loading to default airport in the scenerario page, it doesn't choke loading it finishes loading then enters into the scenery but the VC doesn't appear and the page is blank. Don't worry and thank you for all help in trying to sort out this problem I'm having. I'm going to rebuild from scratch. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards

Just to avoid further confusion: This is plain out wrong! As clearly stated in the instructions from LM you MUST uninstall the Prepar3d v3.1 client prior to installing the new Prepar3d v3.2 client. Otherwise you will have a crippled P3D installation. This has already been discussed various times when LM released the update from 3.0->3.1 last year and those who did not uninstall all ended up with broken P3D installation. So just do NOT install the new client without uninstalling the old one.

Maybe I was lucky or something like that but I have done about 5 flights on the 737 and two on the 777 and have NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM!!! So for me it's working flawlessly!!!

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Just to avoid further confusion: This is plain out wrong! As clearly stated in the instructions from LM you MUST uninstall the Prepar3d v3.1 client prior to installing the new Prepar3d v3.2 client. Otherwise you will have a crippled P3D installation. This has already been discussed various times when LM released the update from 3.0->3.1 last year and those who did not uninstall all ended up with broken P3D installation. So just do NOT install the new client without uninstalling the old one.

By the way Carlito777... I followed these instructions and it worked beautifully for me. I never uninstalled the client at all. I ran the setup as Administrator and it ran all the applications. It took about 5 minutes from begining to end. I just finished another flight with the 773 from JFK to London (AA100) and the flight was flawless. Just an FYI... :-)

""Updating Prepar3D v3 When minor updates are released for Prepar3D v3, there are now two options available to update Prepar3D v3. The recommended method is simply updating using the Client installer. This is the quickest and least error prone. You can also update by doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the entire application, but often that is not necessary or desired. Updating just the Prepar3D Client is a new feature for Prepar3D v3. It allows users to download only the new parts of Prepar3D, rather than re-downloading the whole application. Note: You must have already installed the full Prepar3D application in order to update just the client.""

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg