Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Flight 1 Mustang for Prepar3d is out!

F1-Mustang-P3D

Edited by Jim Young
Removed link as it was linked directly to the .exe which could be dangerous. Should post link to Product Page. Thanks for the heads-up!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Could anyone please post some highres screenshots? I tried the Citation X and while it is probably the best bizjet in terms of flight characteristics and avionics I couldn't get warm with the looks of it. Ten years show after all. Curious to learn about how the Mustang hold. 

Thanks

Hans

Could anyone please post some highres screenshots? I tried the Citation X and while it is probably the best bizjet in terms of flight characteristics and avionics I couldn't get warm with the looks of it. Ten years show after all. Curious to learn about how the Mustang hold. 

Thanks

See this review: https://youtu.be/l8L_6inVuog

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Does this installer include the option to install into FSX?

Rodney Hudlow

Got It,

Installing......

Ready to do a Test Run.

I'm a happy camper.

Now I read the Manuals....

Does this installer include the option to install into FSX?

Rodney Hudlow

No, the installer for P3D is only for P3D. If you want it for FSX then you buy that version.

Thanks a lot for this one. Need to check it out live I guess. Looking for the perfect BJ for months now, having the 850XP, the Phenom 100 and 300 and the Citation X. Still looking for that balance of good systems and good visuals. 

Hans

Great video, thanks for link.

Curious for someone that has it, what would it be comparable to system performance (FPS) wise? Are we talking PMDG levels or not that bad?

Thanks

Great video, thanks for link.

Curious for someone that has it, what would it be comparable to system performance (FPS) wise? Are we talking PMDG levels or not that bad?

Thanks

And, maybe nobody needs it, but can flight plans be loaded and saved? Don't get me wrong, I like to spend considerable time with the right flight plan, including SID and STAR but I like to load it as is and reuse for practicing. I wonder why this is a rare feature.

Hans

Hello

I retired that fleet long ago.

I just got the Mustang a while ago, and I need to do more testing.

but, with my settings + ASN and Sitting or doing the pattern at ORBX KHQM, it is showing 20-24 FPS,

Haven't done a FP yet, sorry

Please Note: Edited several times;

Upd 1.- FPS went down the moment I turned cabin lights on.

Upd 2.-In heavy clouds it suffers, 12-16 FPS :sad: (Around default KSEA). VAS over KSEA 2.3 some stuttering.

Back to KHQM.

Wow! changed some settings (reduced MSAA to 4) and I am getting up to 40 FPS on approach at FL12

Plane is a beauty, the Garmin, graphics and lightning are great, very responsive.

It needs resources, bit heavy on the FPS, but in P3D even at low frames, its rather smooth.

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I ended up picking her up, excited to dig deeper.  Initial thoughts are yes, it's really tough on framerates because of their G1000.  I'll have to tinker some more, but outside views, I'm 80+fps, VC w/ G1000 on 20-25fps, and VC w/ G1000 off while flying (I know not an option but was curious what exactly toll it took!) 40-50 fps.

So, bottom line, this is a tough aircraft on FPS.... I dare say harder than the PMDG 737 NGX, which is disappointing.

Not sure how this will effect my actual usage, but it's definitely a limiting factor to this aircraft.

I will say, unless you are zoomed in close to the panel, this aircraft has aged very well graphically.

Where is the product page? I don;t see it at Flight 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Where is the product page? I don;t see it at Flight 1

Not yet on the sales page, here are  links to the Support Page  and to the Package File download.

Note: There are a few bugs, on the MFD Departures SID, and some light switches, but they are actively working on it. We already got a test fix.

I'm not sure why the G1000 would be so heavy on fps. Clearly nothing has changed. I mean, after all, NGX and the Q400 run flawlessly, and system modeling and graphics are far superior. I never did understand this about the Mustang. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I ended up picking her up, excited to dig deeper.  Initial thoughts are yes, it's really tough on framerates because of their G1000.  I'll have to tinker some more, but outside views, I'm 80+fps, VC w/ G1000 on 20-25fps, and VC w/ G1000 off while flying (I know not an option but was curious what exactly toll it took!) 40-50 fps.

So, bottom line, this is a tough aircraft on FPS.... I dare say harder than the PMDG 737 NGX, which is disappointing.

Not sure how this will effect my actual usage, but it's definitely a limiting factor to this aircraft.

I will say, unless you are zoomed in close to the panel, this aircraft has aged very well graphically.

There are a few things you can do to help FPS like turn off the FO screens

is it available for FSX-SE?

ZORAN