Sign in to follow this  
Denco

X52 Pro MFD Radio Stack help on FSX SE

Hi,

I can't get the MFD to show radio stack on my x52 pro. I've downloaded the plugin and checked the exe.xml file if all the entries are there. Even with everything as it should be and "SaiFlightSimX.exe" running when I start up the sim my MFD is still not showing radio stacks. I've also tried stopping and re enabling Saitek DirectOutput service.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

What rev of X52 Pro driver are you using? The most recent sliced off the MDF radio stack stuff into a "plug-in" which has unique variants for either FSX:MS, FSX:SE or P3D. Hopefully you are using the appropriate driver rev/plug-in for FSX:SE. Unfortunately the X52 driver can be is a huge pain, and I really don't have any specific advice except to uninstall everything associated with the X52 and start over with everything at the latest rev from Saitek; your profiles will not be unistalled by this, which is a good thing for they are not the issue. Beware that USB 3 and these drivers don't get along at all, but hopefully that should not be an issue with your SB system (no USB 3...right?).

Also note I abandoned using the FSX MDF stuff for it causes stutters in FSX unless appropriate affinity mask settings are employed, either internally to FSX or externally to the MDF app. I used the MDF so infrequently I decide the MDF stuff was not worth this associated overhead and was glad when the latest driver made its use optional.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I've managed to get it working by updating Saitek drivers. 

Sadly my joystick gets this weird light flickering ( which I usually have set to off ) and looses calibration when using the MFD with FSX.

In the end I had to delete the calibration fields in the registry and I deleted the plugin software.

Thx for the help anyway Gonemad :)

Regards

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Just a guess, but maybe the USB port you're using can't supply enough power to drive the MDF.  I've had USB related power issues with my X52 pro which caused calibration problems.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)