Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

WOAI is alive and well

... and extremely colourful!

Updated Nok Air (and others) recently added to the library

Owe0qB.jpg

• Upvote 2

In fact WOAI provide higher models quality than some payware traffic addons

Than ALL of the payware traffic addons. ;)

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

They are tough to match, think of all the talented people chipping in their skills and time to produce this wonderful, expanding AI world.

They are tough to match, think of all the talented people chipping in their skills and time to produce this wonderful, expanding AI world.

Anyway of applying these textures on current UT2 models -  I know there is a laborious process but wondering if there is an easier way ? thank you 

Rich Sennett

It's going to be model by model, and of course there are going to be small differences to patch.

Very laborious indeed, and of course, for personal use only.

I'd make the switch to WOAI rather than try.

It's going to be model by model, and of course there are going to be small differences to patch.

Very laborious indeed, and of course, for personal use only.

I'd make the switch to WOAI rather than try.

Yes thats what I thought started locking into and said life's to short lol - thinking making the switch would not help in the fps game - ut2 runs outside of sim - woai get loaded into simobjects folder ? if do startup times would be painful 

Rich Sennett

Correct. I have a fairly decent selection of AI and I see they occupy around 85,000 files in 12,000 folders!

Startup is ... leisurely.

Of course, nothing stops you adding in a little WOAI where you find UT lacking.

Correct. I have a fairly decent selection of AI and I see they occupy around 85,000 files!

Startup is ... leisurely.

Of course, nothing stops you adding in a little WOAI where you find UT lacking.

Thanks Buddy for clearing that up  :wink:

Rich Sennett

UT2 aircraft are loaded the exact same way as any other AI packages, freeware or payware. The difference with UT2 is that the actual traffic is injected into the sim using simconnect and not bgl's. The performance difference is negligible.

These newer WoAI packages though use FAIB models where applicable which are much newer and designed for FSX or P3d.

UT2 aircraft are loaded the exact same way as any other AI packages, freeware or payware. The difference with UT2 is that the actual traffic is injected into the sim using simconnect and not bgl's. The performance difference is negligible.

These newer WoAI packages though use FAIB models where applicable which are much newer and designed for FSX or P3d.

True UT2 do reside in simobjects folder - I have treid another ai that loaded aircraft right into your actual payware aircraft folder - where do WOAI reside and even still would WOAI still take longer to load than UT2 - this is when starting sim and picking your aircraft you want to fly menu in sim is what I am asking about - UT2 takes does not hinder any load times does WOAI do ?

Also I will admit I dont see any UT2 aircraft actually moving around for some reason

Rich Sennett

Sorry to diagree with you guys but For me its not that time consuming once you get the hang of it and you can have the best of all worlds

I bought UT2 for fsx and although it greatly improved fsx in some parts of the world,it made no difference in others and just gave me another fictional paint in daedalus.

Woai is ok but became a bit confusing for me once i started using aig to create ai plans

So i have gone down the route of using aig,and adding ai plans separatly

The beauty i have is thatalthough i still have UT2 in fsx and p3d i have a separate folder that contains the plans and ai aircraft that work in both fsx and ut2 saving a lot of space. When i have a plan that is newer than the one in ut2 it's simply a case of removing the airline from ut2 and away you go.

As an example i recently updated my plans for United for winter 2015-2016 it took about 35mins for the whole lot and i probably will not bother updating United for a couple of years

Dave you know where I stand now

Cheers again for showing me the light!!

Golf's gone to pot again though

Pete Little

True UT2 do reside in simobjects folder - I have treid another ai that loaded aircraft right into your actual payware aircraft folder - where do WOAI reside and even still would WOAI still take longer to load than UT2 - this is when starting sim and picking your aircraft you want to fly menu in sim is what I am asking about - UT2 takes does not hinder any load times does WOAI do ?

The time consuming part with loading AI products comes solely from the shear number of aircraft entries that are within the AI packages. It doesn't actually matter what folder your AI aircraft are located in. Personally, I keep all of my AI aircraft on a separate SSD as it's just easier for me to work on and back them up.

UT2 loads fairly quick as there really isn't that many individual repaints, MyT6 takes a bit longer to load because it has a much wider array of liveries included. WoAI would all depend on what packages you have and how many aircraft entries the sim has to load on initial startup.

As a rough estimate UT2 has approximately 1650 repaints, MyT6 has approx 5500 and a reasonable custom AI setup will often have 15,000+, many close to more than double that even.

Good to hear Pete, at least you are getting out there and playing.

a reasonable custom AI setup will often have 15,000+
Wow! I don't believe I am there yet, but the world seems well covered...

One last one as I was visiting Dubai: 142 AI planes, pretty much all Home Team.

3hmjRV.jpg