Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Who has Windows 10 ?

Hi guys/gals

I'm still on W7 64.  Although I love it and swear by it I've heard  good feedback on W10 64 -  although none of it from a flightsim perspective.  

How many here have switched to W10, and if you have are there any incompatibilities with P3D/addons/hardware etc.

thanks

Many, many comments about this.

Yes, for many, no problems at all, including me. However, there are conflicting comments as well.

My personal opinion? a definite positive move, no issues. You have 30 days to roll back to your previous operating system without any problems. I did it twice just to see.

Having said that, I upgraded via the MediaCreationTool from  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 & download the tool that is a bit down the page, as upgrading from that toolbar icon just did not work for me.

Just to remember, if you install Windows 10 & want to go back to Windows 7, DO NOT DO A RESTORE!

There is a setting in 'Settings' to do a Roll-back.

Have Fun,

Cheers

Robin

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Windows 10 here: no problems at all and love it. I did however do a full clean install (with a dvd I created using the provided tools) after the initial free update just to be sure I had a really clean and up to date system. (I have already reinstalled W10 a few times after that.) Whenever you (want to) do a reinstall using a DVD or USB (after the initial update): 1. wait with doing so until you are sure W10 has been activated (which happens automatically) and 2. do not enter a serial or code during the W10 install process bit SKIP that step: W10 will activate itself again automatically. But anyway, W10 is great imho.

No problems with Windows 10, As far as the start menu is concerned, I use the Classic Shell, as the Windows 10 native one is still a bit shite.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

No problems with Windows 10, As far as the start menu is concerned, I use the Classic Shell, as the Windows 10 native one is still a bit shite.

I simply removed all tiles from the Start menu and slided the right side to the left and for me it is perfectly fine. I have to add I don't do much with the Start menu and always wondered why so many people find it so important. Some people discard an entire OS just because of that Start menu... I only use it to turn off the PC and to quickly go to settings or apps (by simply pressing the Start key on my keyboard and typing the first letters of what I want). My main programs are on the desktop.

Thanks guys, appreciated.

I think for now I'll stick with W7 as my machine is purely for FS.  I probably shouldn't rock the boat.  W7 works well for me, so I'll curtail my impulse for a while longer.

I might consider switching when DTG releases the main game.

Hi guys/gals

I'm still on W7 64.  Although I love it and swear by it I've heard  good feedback on W10 64 -  although none of it from a flightsim perspective.  

How many here have switched to W10, and if you have are there any incompatibilities with P3D/addons/hardware etc.

thanks

Windows 10 is perfect for FSX SE and P3D, but not for original FSX

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I generally only update my OS when I purchase a new PC, so there is little reason for me to upgrade from Windows 7 64bit at this point. It is working just fine. Yes, I know I can get Windows 10 for free now, but that isn't what's important to me. What is important is a smooth running, stable system. Rocking the boat for no sensible reason is not my favourite pastime.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Switched to Win10 several months ago - love it! Haven't experienced any problems with P3D or addons or hardware and I have several - saitek stuff, CH, GoFlight, track-ir, TFS3, leap motion, multiple displays. Would highly recommend upgrading.

• Upvote 1

Darren Morris

Spot-on. You could not have put it better. I too did the very same.

• Upvote 1

I use windows 7 x 64 for my flight sim FSX, and windows 10 for my laptop networked together, all addons on the laptop.... works very well.

Brian.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone use PFC yoke/throttle quadrant with W10 ? 

Dankie jong!

Plesier..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...