Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What's your day job?

This reminds me of an error I made in a system I wrote that assigns a unique 4 alphanumeric ID to a person whilst they are processed through the system. It assigned one person the "f" word as an ID, and this ID was used on letters and any future correspondences. (I think it's called sod's law)

:lol:

Some really interesting career choices here.  I'm a hospital pharmacist in the Mental Health sector in the NHS in the UK.

Paul.

• Upvote 3

Paul Davies.

Flight Instructor in South Africa/NIgeria

Where about?  I learned to fly at the former Good Hope Flying Club in Cape Town in the late 80's.

I am cabin crew for Qantas Uk. Whenever I get a chance, I seat on the flight deck for landing at Heathrow or Dubai while listen to ATC on the A380. Its amazing how close the experience is when flying on Ivao.

Ground Test Engineer @ Airbus.

Testing the A380 when it rolls out of the factory before it goes airborne the first time.

Before that I was aircraft mechanic in base and line maintenance for different airlines and on all kinds of aircraft.

• Upvote 3

Ground Test Engineer @ Airbus.
Testing the A380 when it rolls out of the factory before it goes airborne the first time.

Is that in Hamburg or Toulouse?

Geotechnical Project Manager here, otherwise known as a "dirt engineer".  Who knew playing in the dirt as a child would lead to a career!  Also, was a CADD Manager, Network Administrator  and IT "helpdesk" guy back in the '90's (anybody remember Novell networks?).

Cheers,

Gerald

Airline pilot in UK.

Quite a range of jobs here!

Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army. (Infantry). Get to travel in helos and transport planes a lot.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Sitting in an office chair looking at clouds most days at FL320, ( boring ) then at the end of the day it's; honey! can you take out the trash, can you run to the store, the pool needs cleaning, the grass needs cutting, it's bed time for the kids.

But love every minute of my day job and wouldn't trade it for the world.

• Upvote 1

Engineer student and working on an small local shop

Cheers :)

N.-

By trade, I'm a Pediatric Physician (specializing in Neonatology) but I grew tired of practicing medicine for the big hospitals, so now I work for a large banking conglomerate leading their commercial lending division for institutional healthcare businesses. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson