Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What's your day job?

Currently, I am a Captain Instructor Pilot and FAA Examiner for a major jet manufacturer.

I am rated on the B747-400, B747-8, B787, B757, B767, A320, and SD3 aircraft.

When not doing that, since I am a flight training consultant, I am an equity and index option trader for my self direct accounts.

More recently, within the last year I discovered how accurate these simulations of commercial airliners are, like the PMDG 777 and 747-4 V3 and iFly 747-400. So, as I continue to age (62, ugh), I want to get involved with the VATSIM network and have some fun...

• Upvote 3

I am in the U.S. Army. I used to fly OH-58D's but now fly a few variants of the C-12 (King Air 200).

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I'm an air traffic controller at Columbia ATCT (CAE) 

• Upvote 2

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

Retired - worked as a surgeon (coloproctology) and flightsimming was my escape path from the stresses of that job for an hour or two after a bad day. Now that I've retired it's my escape path from the stresses induced by my wife!😉

Bill

• Upvote 1

Lead Programmer and IT Manager for a UK National Logistics Company. Had an Epiphany moment, threw it all in and went Long-Distance Trucking around Europe.

Now retired but .... every time that I opened my curtains - it was a different view! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I work as a web developer for Petstreetmall, we are currently having a 30% discount on selected items such as dog crates, cat beds, and ferret cages. Feel free to message me for more information. 

At present my day job is more of a night job. i'm currently an airline Captain with a certain UK airline. Lots of very late (or should that be early ) finishes.

I commute to work from the World's most beautiful Island. Well, when it's not raining it is anyway!

Just got my Single Engine Rating back too. the 737ng is a bit boring....

Mostly between Sim rigs right now. Just a joystick to play on. 

Too busy to continue design work for the next few months then I'll get back on it.

50 and still a big kid. 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

On 9/25/2017 at 9:13 AM, Nightflier101BL said:

I'm a Cisco nerd.

I always kinda liked Pancho, myself!  Hey Ceeseko....hey Pancho!

My day job??  I'm doing it now!:biggrin:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

How did I miss this thread back in 2016?

I stay busy spending my children's inheritance.

• Like 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

everyone here has such a cool job lol

I'm just your normal FedEx Express driver you all like to curse at when your package isn't at your front door 😅

Edited by Chris F.
  • Like 1

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

9 minutes ago, Chris F. said:

I'm just your normal FedEx Express driver you all like to curse at when your package isn't at your front door 😅

So you're the one who keeps leaving it up next to the garage door!! 😂

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, Speedbird21 said:

So you're the one who keeps leaving it up next to the garage door!! 😂

Guilty 😂

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

On 7/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, Chris F. said:

Am a driver in Houston Chris. Keeping the Purple Promise. We have a cool job to when the air condition work in our truck. 😆

Edited by reecemj
  • Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV