Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What's your day job?

Since we all laugh, cry, stress and anguish about flightsim together almost every day, it'll be interesting to know what everyone does

I work in the investment sector in regulatory compliance. :hi:

I work as the Chief CADD Designer, in our US office, for a global construction company, designing post-tension systems for bridges and buildings.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I work as an Engineer and will be taking over as production manager next year (not sure if that's a good or a bad thing tbh!)

I set c+c machines to make springs and I also hand coil springs and wire form parts for the medical, automotive, and aerospace industries.

I'm also a qualified internal auditor and muck in with Quality assurance when I am able too.

Edited by 738

Chris Howard

In my case I'm an intern at a composite parts (CFRP, carbon fibre reinforced polymer) manufacturing company in Spain. The good thing about my job is that, although I work in an engineering office with CAD/CAE people, I'm also involved with the manufacturing shop so I see how a part that's drawn in CATIA get's actually made, it's quite "satisfying" to see how things are actually done.

Also I'm writing my MSc thesis which I intend to defend by November, so hopefully I'll be an MSc Aeronautical Engineer!

You can have a look at my LinkedIn here

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Retired - I highly recommend it!

I retired from the City of New York after 28 years in the N.Y.P.D. (as a civilian personnel manager).  But I helped to set-up many computer systems for them in the 1980's - the dawn of the PC age, and LAN's.

That's where I first discovered MS FS1, FS2, and later FS1995.  Which of course ultimately led to my current obsession with simulated flight.    

• Upvote 1

I'm a police officer pounding the beat in York, UK but sprouted my wings way way back servicing bulldogs, jet provosts and tucanos at RAF linton on

Ouse near YORK back in the 90s. First experiance of the RAF was when a wessex plopped itself down on our school playing field in the 70s.

I am a nurse. I think there is no male word for it in english?! Over here we have "Krankenschwester" and "Krankenpfleger"

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I do my wife's bidding until 6:30pm when I can get on my PC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Software engineer in the UK, near Gatwick, in that terribly exciting business of payroll.

Rhino, we might call you a 'murse' over here  :wink:

I fix biz jets for a major fractional share company, Flexjet.

You mean FlexOptions or FlightJet? ;) Love the new paint jobs going on the CL-350's. New uniforms are a bit different though.

Anyhow, on to me. 22 years in aviation in some form or another. Licensed A&P, but currently doing Line Service for a world class FBO here in Florida. I play/work with the real things, and fly the fake ones in my spare time. I think the aviation bug has taken me completely.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Gillette Razor Co.  /  3D Modeler  Packaging Designer  /  13 US Patents  &  5 European Patents and counting  :wink:

Software used - Solidworks - Catia - Modo - ACAD - Keyshot - Photoshop - Adobe Illustrator 

Sorry cant show you the good stuff  :wink:

15p66tw.jpg

• Upvote 8

Rich Sennett

Gillette Razor Co.  /  3D Modeler  Packaging Designer  /  13 US Patents  &  5 European Patents and counting 

I'll never be able to buy razor blades at my local store again without thinking that behind the package lies a flighsimmer :))

• Upvote 6

I work in the city as a fInancial and business advisor to the UK transport sector (primarily rail).

Beyond that, i spend my free time raising my baby daughter. And beyond that (doesnt exist), i used to like flight simming......

(PS - I like these posts. Puts a sense of personality behind the message boards!)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire