Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Who is an active professional pilot - and on what type?

Just so we know who to go to for real advice.   :smile:

just PPL-ed with a 172/152, yet i fly paragliders almost daily :) I'm a self proclaimed aerodynamics fanatic, and i spend the time studying it. Usually i know and research if a certain flight sim-model has a plausible FDE

Guilty as charged, I am rated on the B747-400, B747-8, B787, B757/767, A320, and SD3. I am also an active instructor pilot and FAA Examiner on the 747 and 787 currently. The A320 is the airplane I have the least experience in and it was from years ago, so my forte is certainly not Airbus. I am getting to be an old guy and the SD3 was from my regional flying days in the 1980's.

• Upvote 1

Me too.

Started out on the BAe ATP, 1,500hrs, then the BAe146 for 6 years and 3,500hrs.. Flew the Q400 for 6 years and about the vsame 5,500hrs and now have three years on the 737NG with 2,200 years under my belt. Flown a few Cessnas and Pipers, a Pitts S2 once and a S300 heli once too. Also one jaunt each in a Hawk and a Jet Provost T4.

• Upvote 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Most of you know my story!

To date 4300 hours (4000 737-800 and Type Rating Instructor - 500 hours sim instruction) for a very large European operator and a very approachable guy who grew up with flight sim! 

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Captain_Al said:

Guilty as charged, I am rated on the B747-400, B747-8, B787, B757/767, A320, and SD3. I am also an active instructor pilot and FAA Examiner on the 747 and 787 currently. The A320 is the airplane I have the least experience in and it was from years ago, so my forte is certainly not Airbus. I am getting to be an old guy and the SD3 was from my regional flying days in the 1980's.

Good luck Al,

I tried helping these folks and just ran out of patience. :smile:

Grace and Peace,

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Was a DMIR for the FAA for years working out of a very well known GAA antenna manufacturer.

Private ticket.

A little civilian, a lot of military and back to civilian again. Have ratings in airplanes and helicopters but primarily work now in the back end of Level D sims teaching the next generation of King Air pilots. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Ken,

And OBTW which King Air do you choose to use in the flight sim ?

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Flight 1 B200 EPIC with Blackhawk PT6A-52 engines.  All around great performing BE20 that has near B350 performance. The G1000 is nicely done, not a 100% replication, but close enough for desktop simulation. Systems are complex enough considering what can really fail inside of the sim. Not a huge fan on how they implemented Beta and Reverse which means I wear out my breaks a little faster than should be normal. I really enjoy the fact you can look out the window and actually check the wing for ice. I'd like to see more of that with other developers. Of course, the F1 B200 is a little heavy on the fps.

• Upvote 2

On 5/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, KenG said:

A little civilian, a lot of military and back to civilian again. Have ratings in airplanes and helicopters but primarily work now in the back end of Level D sims teaching the next generation of King Air pilots. 

You wouldn't happen to teach King Air pilots down in Alabama would you?

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I started flying helicopters for the military, and now fly airplanes, still for the military.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing