Sign in to follow this  
sqbltz

How to disable saitek panels?

Hi,

Is there a way to disable saitek panels in LINDA so it's possible to drive them from another software?

I would like to command my saitek gear, including yoke and pedals, from Sapd.Next

and MCP Combo II from LINDA.

I'm using P3D 3.2.3, LINDA 2.6.7, FSUIPC 4.949h, Spad.Next 0.8.8.2865, PMDG 737

thanks

Armando

ASemana

Hi Armando

The simple answer is no.  At the moment, for the Saitek panels, LINDA and SPAD/SPAD.Next are mutually exclusive. I am working on a way to disable these devices in LINDA which should be available shortly. Your yoke and pedals axis are set up in FSUIPC4 not LINDA. If you do not want LINDA to control the buttons on the Yoke then do not make any assignments in LINDA.

My question is why would you want to use SPAD.Next when everything is in one place in LINDA?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ok, thanks

At the moment all the config relative to yoke and pedals is done in SPAD.

SPAD is also used in other aircrafts setups

I'll try to configure things without SPAD for 737.

It will be one less piece of software running.

Cumprimentos

Armando

ASemana

Just a word of caution. If you are using the PMDG737 then it is difficult to get the data in and out of the aircraft model to drive the Saitek Multi and Radio panels. This applies to different extents to all aircraft that do not comply with the FSX/FSUIPC4 offsets.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

In order the completely disable my Saitek controls, even though I did not launch SPAD, I found a file running in Task Manager called SaiFlightSimX.exe. It resides in Program Files (x86)/Saitek. I just renamed it to SaiFlightSimX.temp and that stopped all controls from my Saitek panels completely.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

In order the completely disable my Saitek controls, even though I did not launch SPAD, I found a file running in Task Manager called SaiFlightSimX.exe. It resides in Program Files (x86)/Saitek. I just renamed it to SaiFlightSimX.temp and that stopped all controls from my Saitek panels completely.

I did a search on my system. There was no saiflightsimfsx.exe file so I have no idea where it originated. I found the Saitek CD installed a file saipanels.exe on mine.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I presume the one I found came from a Saitek driver install package. Saitek (Madkatz) doesn't make anything easy. I've still never got my pro trim wheel to be stable in p3d. It screws up the other usb ports.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR